could this be draining the battery?

Guest darek214

Guest darek214

I have noticed today that when i turn on my phone, the signal bar has an antena next to it....meaning there is no data in use. after i use any program that requires data and then close it completely the signal bar changes to an E...meaning data is in use even thought there is no program using it. could this be draining the battery faster when in standby mode? the only way of turning this off is by going to comm manager and pressing 5 or turning data off. this doesnt turn it off completely becuz after u use a prog. that requires data you need to repeat this step to turn it back off. is there a hack that turns data off when no program is using it?? thanks

Edited by darek214

Guest dario69
I have noticed today that when i turn on my phone, the signal bar has an antena next to it....meaning there is no data in use. after i use any program that requires data and then close it completely the signal bar changes to an E...meaning data is in use even thought there is no program using it. could this be draining the battery faster when in standby mode? the only way of turning this off is by going to comm manager and pressing 5 or turning data off. this doesnt turn it off completely becuz after u use a prog. that requires data you need to repeat this step to turn it back off. is there a hack that turns data off when no program is using it?? thanks

I highly doubt it. The Dash and Wing does the same thing without any noticable battery drain. The infamous Shadow battery drain occurs even without the radio turned on.

Guest trickinit
I highly doubt it. The Dash and Wing does the same thing without any noticable battery drain. The infamous Shadow battery drain occurs even without the radio turned on.

It's true. About a month ago I flew from Hawaii to Utah on a non-stop flight. I had just charged my Shadow completely before departing, and had it on flight mode in my pocket nearly the entire time. When I landed about 7 hours later, my battery was at 23%. I don't understand how they can say it's supposed to have 7 days of standby time.

Guest Neil5459

Having a GSM data connecion alive will have minimal effect on battery life, though of course if scheduled data evens take place, the active use of the data connection will use a little extra power.

3G is different- the weak nature of a 3G signal means the phne operates in a higher power reception mode which seems to increase battery drain by about 30%

7hrs to go from charged to 23% in flight mode is obviously cause for concern! Are there any background processes running?

Guest trickinit
Having a GSM data connecion alive will have minimal effect on battery life, though of course if scheduled data evens take place, the active use of the data connection will use a little extra power.

3G is different- the weak nature of a 3G signal means the phne operates in a higher power reception mode which seems to increase battery drain by about 30%

7hrs to go from charged to 23% in flight mode is obviously cause for concern! Are there any background processes running?

Not that I was aware of. I couldn't believe it myself.