Open dns on the Q9h and bluebooth dial up networking.

Guest Jasoninaz

Guest Jasoninaz

I've read all the settings for the verizon phones but the registry settings are not in the Q9H. But listen to this you can build a dialer using a bluetooth connection Phone number *99# and the username:[email protected]

Password: CINGULAR1

Then under the tcp/ip settings use opendns (I tried it using normal and it was slow, also consider this if you are not using ATT dns they might not even know that you are dialed in)

Using dial up networking.

You have to create a dial up networking first on your laptop and then get the phone to detect the laptop. Create a security code 000000 both devices and then the computer and the Q will ask you if its ok to always to accept this connection, say yes. After you have it built then dial up. If that works then adjust the speed look for the configure button 921600 bps.

Now I have called AT&T and spoke to customer service and they said that I would have to pay for this feature or it would not work. It works great, if there is anyone that pays for it I would be really interested to see if there is a speed difference.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jasoninaz

So here is what I found out tethering Vs using a bluetooth adapter. How if it what ATT knows if I use a usb cable but does not know if I use my bluetooth adapter?

I spoke to a ATTWireless person at a store who said that it engages a different set of protocals using bluetooth vs using the usb cable. Its impossible to measure the data between two bluetooth devices or even limit it.

So last month I tried it with the usb cable and it said I used 460 megs.

This month it shows I've used 5 megs. I used the s*** out of this connection, I even called customer service and I have an unlimited data plan and they said I've used about 5 megs. I've been downloading bittorrents because I found something else out. They have a IP Address release and new.

Anyone else want to add to this?

Thanks, Jason

• 2 months later...
Guest ninjaap
I've read all the settings for the verizon phones but the registry settings are not in the Q9H. But listen to this you can build a dialer using a bluetooth connection Phone number *99# and the username:[email protected]

Password: CINGULAR1

Then under the tcp/ip settings use opendns (I tried it using normal and it was slow, also consider this if you are not using ATT dns they might not even know that you are dialed in)

Using dial up networking.

You have to create a dial up networking first on your laptop and then get the phone to detect the laptop. Create a security code 000000 both devices and then the computer and the Q will ask you if its ok to always to accept this connection, say yes. After you have it built then dial up. If that works then adjust the speed look for the configure button 921600 bps.

Now I have called AT&T and spoke to customer service and they said that I would have to pay for this feature or it would not work. It works great, if there is anyone that pays for it I would be really interested to see if there is a speed difference.

Wow! this is a really good find! thanks... it works great on my laptop.

Guest Heath Pitts

I want to make sure of one thing. Neither of you are paying for the additional $30 tether plan through AT&T, correct? I am not and this does work through my phone.

Guest Heath Pitts

I want to make sure of one thing. Neither of you are paying for the additional $30 tether plan through AT&T, correct? I am not and this does work through my phone.

Guest Jasoninaz

Are you using the bluetooth adapter? Just download internet sharing from my greatest hits you engage it and then you plug in the usb cable. It will work just fine, slow, but fine.

I get this error on the PC:

"error 724. PPP link was terminated"

all the user/pass/dns was entered correctly. any ideas?

-e