Cell + WiFi positioning from Navizon, plus make money on the move!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest tsutton
In fact, almost worth signing up for those free PAYG SIMs to drop in your device and get points no?

Which is why I asked that question. I got two old phones... on orange and O2 network. Hmm! :(

Edited by tsutton

Guest MadMatt2002
I also need to retrace all my routes with my O SIM, my Voda SIM, my 3 SIM... etc. etc. :(

In fact, almost worth signing up for those free PAYG SIMs to drop in your device and get points no?

P

Was looking to dig out my old vario and eten m500, with 2 second hand bluetooth gps's, mount in a small plastic box with a single power connection (cigarette lighter type) and two of the many free PAYG sims (each on different networks) I've got around the place, and stick them in the boot of the car! Or perhaps even the car of a mate who does serious miles.....

I'll take the kaiser to the US in a few weeks - and see what I can pick up on the drive through Denver to Breckenridge.

Can 1 user have more than one copy of the software running? Or would I need several accounts?

Guest Paul (MVP)
I don't know if I'm being a bit backward here but can I get this straight;

Navizon doesn't require GPS to find your position assuming you are in their coverage area, but do you require a GPS device to tag Access points and Cells? (Yeah, still haven't got one!)

--

lrg

Correct.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Was looking to dig out my old vario and eten m500, with 2 second hand bluetooth gps's, mount in a small plastic box with a single power connection (cigarette lighter type) and two of the many free PAYG sims (each on different networks) I've got around the place, and stick them in the boot of the car! Or perhaps even the car of a mate who does serious miles.....

I'll take the kaiser to the US in a few weeks - and see what I can pick up on the drive through Denver to Breckenridge.

Can 1 user have more than one copy of the software running? Or would I need several accounts?

I don't see any reason you couldn't sync from more than one device...

P

Guest MadMatt2002

Those users who are lucky enough to clock up enough points, and are using the modaco referral code, can a proportion of the referral points be used against modaco plus renewals?

That would encourage people to use the code and sign up other users in the downstream!

The free version of Cameraware could have the modaco account details hard coded, so even though the tracking is free for the user, modaco would still get some revenue towards future development. And Navizon would get an instant fleet of data collectors!

As soon as as the licence code is entered, the user can add their own navizon details!

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm currently thing about opportunities around this, primarily around clocking enough points to buy CamerAware with Navizon.

e.g. you download and install CamerAware free (i.e. sans database), and drive around. You get a progress bar that counts up to, say, 20k points. When you hit that, you get a box pop up where you enter your email address, and you're sent a cameraware serial / reg. The additional box also then appears to allow you to change the navizon deets to your own.

Think that's similar to what you're saying?

With regards to using it for other MoDaCo 'services', that's an option too.

First things first tho, I need to get the sync working in the app :( Think i've narrowed down the problem now tho, waiting for an email response from Navizon...

P

Guest tsutton

One thing you need to consider... how long is Navizon planning to have this running? Will they stop sending out rewards or stop this service when they have enough data?

Guest MadMatt2002
I'm currently thing about opportunities around this, primarily around clocking enough points to buy CamerAware with Navizon.

e.g. you download and install CamerAware free (i.e. sans database), and drive around. You get a progress bar that counts up to, say, 20k points. When you hit that, you get a box pop up where you enter your email address, and you're sent a cameraware serial / reg. The additional box also then appears to allow you to change the navizon deets to your own.

Think that's similar to what you're saying?

With regards to using it for other MoDaCo 'services', that's an option too.

First things first tho, I need to get the sync working in the app :( Think i've narrowed down the problem now tho, waiting for an email response from Navizon...

P

Same idea - you're always one step ahead!

Lets hope they respond quickly.

Cheers

M

Guest jimbouk

I am the weakest link...

(I thought it uploaded automatically if you selected that?)

I have sync'd now and have 1120 points from a 3 hour drive.

Guest squilla

Well I have joined under the names Squilla and Squillathy on both my phones, just need to figure how it works now, it says my home area is set and I havnt even turned GPS on yet! I will have a play and probably cone back with a million questions, I cant even find the Modaco group at the minute.

Guest tsutton
Well I have joined under the names Squilla and Squillathy on both my phones

Use one logon... this way, you will raise your reward quicker than having two accounts.

I cant even find the Modaco group at the minute.

It's not on the public list. Click on Join Group and enter the details.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Use one logon... this way, you will raise your reward quicker than having two accounts.

While this is true, doing it the two account way means both can earn for each AP / Cell, plus one could refer the other and collect 20% of it's earnings :(

P

Guest Electronic Punk

Using the built in GPS on Kaiser.

Everytime I start though it does look for bluetooth devices, which is a little odd.

edit: Nevermind, rechecked the config and scrolled left a bit :(

Edited by Electronic Punk

Guest squilla
While this is true, doing it the two account way means both can earn for each AP / Cell, plus one could refer the other and collect 20% of it's earnings :D

P

Thats what I thought :D

You only get paid the first time you clock the cells :D

Give me credit for trying, I live in Dorset, not much round here B)

Call me stupid but do you have to install a program or does it just run from your brower with GPS on? That sounds thick I know but im having trouble getting my girlie head around how it works. :(

Edited by squilla

Guest squilla
Erm, you need to install the Navizon software.

P

Thats what I thought but I cant find a file to download anywhere, got to admit im still exploring it online at the minute.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.