Cingular 8125/HTC Wizard Themes

Guest TheScaryOne

Guest TheScaryOne

So, I've managed to get myself a first smartphone, it's an oldie, but it was virtually free from a friend, so I'm not complaining. It does have some quirks though. The biggest one bothering me currently is the fact that I can't use .xml/.hme themes, but I can use .tsk themes.

There is no Start/Settings/Homescreen. The only option is Start/Settings/Today for themes, and it reads the .tsk files inside of my storage card root directory. I've tried dinking with the .xml files, but nothing seems to work. Even Homescreen Designer won't work for me. I had some success with ThemeGenCE and making .tsk files, but I can't import what I create in Homescreen to ThemeGen.

Also, when I try to run a .hme file, it tells me "There is no application associated with "*****". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application." Which is probably related.

Does anyone have any idea why my Cingular 8125 does not have this Start/Settings/Homescreen menu? I've read all over the internet about how a few other people have this issue, but no one has a solution.

Running ROM 2.25.11.1 WWE 5/11/06

Radio Version 02.25.11

Protocol 4.1.13.12

ExtROM 2.25.11.102

Running fresh from a Hard Reset, only tweaks2k2 installed so I could get rid of the message sent notification.

Thank you for any help!

Hi,

It's not an issue as such, it's just that a Pocket PC uses a different method to a smartphone

as you've rightly discovered, PPCs can only use .tsk files, and they must be either in \Windows, or on the root of the card.

Smartphone .hme and xml files simply will not work on a PPC, it uses a completely different system of defining the plugins used.

Personally I find the method a PPC uses infinitely better, you can choose exactly what plugins you have on the today screen, regardless of theme used, and have your today screen exactly as you like it. Unlike on a Smartphone where the theme you use is dictated by the plugins the author has used or vice-versa

If you like some of the background images from your old Smartphone themes then you will need to extract the image from the theme, and make a new PPC theme from scratch, ThemeGenCe is great for making PPC themes, and the program I use for creating mine, which, BTW, you can check out from the link in my sig :(

Guest TheScaryOne

So, my big issue is that the 8125 is running the PPC/Phone edition which shares more with the PPC version of wm5 than the Smartphone edition? Okay. I can accept that. Since you've done some editing, is there anyway I can make the bar at the top transparent like I can in Homescreen designer?

Edit: Currently running your Red Silk with a different b/g. Looks excellent!

Edited by TheScaryOne

There's no way to make the top bar transparent, not without third party software, like Wisbar for instance.

Glad you like the theme, check out Vista ultimate, which has made it to the number one spot for downloads!