"edit sender's message" in email reply body WM6 - what???

Guest oman181

Guest oman181

Anybody know what is the purpose of the "edit sender's message" link that appears above the body in a reply message that includes the body.

It does not do anything on my HTC Touch running WM6

Guest jimbouk
Anybody know what is the purpose of the "edit sender's message" link that appears above the body in a reply message that includes the body.

It does in mine using exchange server 2007 account.

Unless you click it, you can't edit the original message - which you might want to to reduce the size of the email or to remove some stuff that you dont want included in a forwarded/replied to email.

Guest Confucious

When replying to a message in Outlook where it quotes the senders message you can't edit the senders message unless you click this - at least, that's how it works on my Ameo!

Guest short/y

Others have answered this and I'll echo : you have to hit this if you want to make any changes to the message to which you're replying/forwarding.

See this post of mine for my similar experiences.

Guest oman181

Mine did not do anything when I clicked on it and I could not send a reply with the body attached.

I went into the registry and changed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\autosave to 120000

Now I click on the "edit sender's message" and it actually works - I can edit it!

Most importantly. I can reply with the body intact!

For interest, what do other people see as their registry settings for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings:

Here are my current ones:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings]

"IncludeOriginal"=dword:00000001

"autosave"=dword:0001D4C0

"SortBy"=dword:0E060040

"ReadHTMLMail"=dword:00000000

"SMSDeliveryNotify"=dword:00000000

"SortOrder"=dword:00000001

"AttsOnCard"=dword:00000001

"TrashEmpty"=dword:00000002

"AddressFieldToSearch"=dword:00000000

"WarnOnDeleteSoftkey"=dword:00000001

"LeadChar"=dword:00000000

"AddLeading"=dword:00000000

"IndentBody"=dword:00000000

"AcctPicker"=dword:00000001

"Zoom"=dword:00000002

"SystemFontPercent"=dword:00000064

"SMSUnicode"=dword:00000001

"wizard"=dword:00000001

"ZoomScales"=hex:35,00,00,00,52,00,00,00,64,00,00,00,82,00,00,00,B4,00,00,00

"POP3MaxLinesToDownloadWithHeaders"=dword:00000005

"MsgClassOrder"="IPM.MMS,IPM.Note,IPM.SMStext,IPM.SI,IPM.SL,REPORT.IPM.Note.Status,REPORT.IP

.Note.DR,REPORT.IPM.Note.NDR,REPORT.IPM.Note.IPNRN,REPORT.IPM.Note.IPNNRN"

"SaveSent"=dword:00000001

"MoveMessage"=dword:00000001

"ShowDateTime"=dword:00000001

"CommaAsSeparator"=dword:00000001

"SMSAvailable"=dword:00000001

• 3 weeks later...
And if you DONT click on "edit senders message" doesn't it attach the senders message as an actual Attachment?

That is correct. Every time I forward or reply to a message I click on "edit senders message" so the person gets the message in the body of the email and not an attachment.

Does anyone know of a registry entry that would always include the original message in the body of the email with out having to click "edit senders message".

SeanH

• 9 months later...
That is correct. Every time I forward or reply to a message I click on "edit senders message" so the person gets the message in the body of the email and not an attachment.

Does anyone know of a registry entry that would always include the original message in the body of the email with out having to click "edit senders message".

SeanH

Just wondering if there is a fix for this? If I don't choose to "edit sender's message" - NONE of my part of the conversation appears but I get the other side of the conversation. It just looks like they've been talking to themselves the entire time... this is an extra step, is there anyway to default to this? Thanks!