Podcast 1: The Pilot

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Here it is people, the one you've all been waiting for (or not)... MoDaCo Podcast One, featuring Chris Brunskill (aka Monolithix) and Paul O'Brien (aka Paul (MVP)).

Sharing our views, activities and the news in this weeks Windows Mobile world.

Subtitled 'Arsing around with Skype recording', this is our first shot at laying down some sort of content, with a view to doing it better and more frequently in the future!

Talked about in this episode (just under 60 minutes!):

- Windows Mobile 7 (and a bit of 6.1)

- Windows Live Messenger and the 30 day debacle

- Navizon

- Smartphone GPS setup

- Sssshhh... the Vodafone leaked roadmap!

- The Touch Dual / Plus

- GPRS Charging

- WMWifiRouter

- Newsgator

Since this is our first shot, we REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate feedback, good and bad, in this topic! If you liked it, or want to hear more, say so - and subscribe to our new Podcast RSS at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MoDaCoPodcast

The links:

MP3 version (38MB): http://donald.modaco.com/podcast/one.mp3

iTunes :D: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...st?id=271805526

I've also included an online player below. Enjoy...? :(

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

We've submitted to iTunes too, so should be on there in a bit. The RSS thing is a bit complex so not sure how that's gonna work out, but i'll be keeping an eye on it.

P

Guest xorangefirex

This is definitely a very cool idea, however I myself would rather have video than just audio. Visuals would definitely help, and make it even more interesting than it already is. You could even keep it as a podcast by just taking the audio from the video, although there would be something lost from the visual.

Guest Monolithix

We were ultimately planning on making it an enhanced podcast with chapters and images, which would help. In the future we can make a list of relevant links too. A video would be nice, however Paul and I live 161 miles from each other!

Guest Monolithix
That was great, really enjoyed it. More more :)

Do you plan on getting any industry guests?

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Interviews are *definately* something we're going to do in future episodes. :D

Guest xorangefirex
We were ultimately planning on making it an enhanced podcast with chapters and images, which would help. In the future we can make a list of relevant links too. A video would be nice, however Paul and I live 161 miles from each other!

Ahh 161 miles is nothing but a light jog. It would be great for your health. Get your heart rate up a bit and then you get to talk about all things WM lol.

Guest Thumper Net

Great to FINALLY have a modaco podcast just hope you keep up the high standards :D maybe 2 versions would be handy one like this and one smaller less quality for mobile downloaders :)

Guest nickcornaglia

Really enjoyed the podcast. Was telling Mono on Palringo what a great job you guys did. Was cool to hear Mono as the front man! :)

Points I made to him there:

1) Great Job! Interesting and extertaining.

2) Could used some post production editing next time to make it more concise.

3) Short opening intro, segement seperating audio, ending cridits would be cool. (Please...short intros...some padcasts have 3 minute intros...hate that)

4) Mono says UMMM alot. (Not an insult. I do too when speaking..many do) :D

5) Maybe a tad too long....30-40 minutes would be best with Special Podcasts saved for hour long episodes.

6) Couple of reference you made that werent really explained. Something you both understood...but not all of the listeners.

7) Nice job attempting to stick to Segments. Would personally like Hardware, Software (Commercial & Freeware), Games, Software related, Site News segments...maybe a "hack of the week"?

8) Be cool if Modaco threads, downloads were referenced.

9) /me thinks Mono sounds like Stephen Merchant at times :D

10) Originally thought size was huge...but only a few minutes to download on phone. And it IS an hour long after all.

11) Better Show Notes with links would be cool as well.

All Cool....keep up the momentum with regular podcasts. Weekly? BiWeekly? Many in the past were consistent and then you hear nothing after a while. Great Job...keep it up!

Guest Thumper Net

Was a good podcast only one mistake i heard and that was from mono where he said the symbian browser was not as good as ie , he mentioned that symbian had opera mini but forgot that the full opera is also available on the symbian phones which does give the better internet feel. look forward to the next :)

Guest nokiaguy

i noticed that too about the symbian browser.yes your point about pie is true it isnt very good and i ve put mini opera my vario3 to use instead.yes symbian can use opera but id like to point out also that 3rd edition s60 devices have a very capable web browser built in too which displays pages as you would see them on a pc.they load pages faster than pie and with mini map turned on you can zoom in to selected bits as much as you like.

all in all an excellent podcast and look forward to others you do.

very good chaps! An good listen, working with my iPod touch streamed no probs! :)

Another good podcast you could use as a 'template' is the 'av forum' podcast, I think its structure would be perfect for MoDaCo!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.