Music playback on HTC S730

Guest 17-APG

During music playback on the S730 I have noticed an annoying "stopping" of tracks. It lasts just a split second and will occur every 10 or 15 minutes. It's as if the audio output was momentairly switched off and then back on again. The same occurs if I use the HTC audio manager so it is not just with WMP.

I have used two different cards in my phone and the issue remains. I have also used the cards in other phones with WMP and playback is perfect.

Anyone else noticed this???

>>>Has anyone found this problem<<<<

Edited by 17-APG

• 2 weeks later...

During music playback on the S730 I have noticed an annoying "stopping" of tracks. It lasts just a split second and will occur every 10 or 15 minutes. It's as if the audio output was momentairly switched off and then back on again. The same occurs if I use the HTC audio manager so it is not just with WMP.

I have used two different cards in my phone and the issue remains. I have also used the cards in other phones with WMP and playback is perfect.

Anyone else noticed this???

>>>Has anyone found this problem<<<<

Same on my device. Didn't find a solution.

I had a similar issue some time back on a SP5 Smartphone and found it was an application I had installed (cannot remember which one) which was stressing Windows Media Player out. I uninstalled it and the problem never reoccurred. I don't know if this helps at all.... :)

I had a similar issue some time back on a SP5 Smartphone and found it was an application I had installed (cannot remember which one) which was stressing Windows Media Player out. I uninstalled it and the problem never reoccurred. I don't know if this helps at all.... :)

Thx, I did a hard reset of my device last weekend mainly because of the terrible memory problems I am having and this issue still rermains with WMP (and with the memory).

This is really annoying cause I now use an 8 gig card in there full of music. Makes my iPod kind of redundant when I am travellimng abroad. Looks like we have a problem then with music playback.

Anyone else with the same problem out there that might have a fix??

Have you tried reformatting your storage :) card?

Yes, tried that too and still the same. I have used my card in another WM smartphone (but not 730) and the music palys back perfectly.

Guest M Brouns

Could this be related to the video playback issues caused by those missing drivers?

Perhaps a relevant question: Does this only occur with tracks encoded in 192+ bps? Or also with lower quality tracks?

Edited by M Brouns

Could this be related to the video playback issues caused by those missing drivers?

Perhaps a relevant question: Does this only occur with tracks encoded in 192+ bps? Or also with lower quality tracks?

|Could be something to do withthe video issues and lack of drivers referred to in other posts; I am not sure. But I will stop tracks now to check if they are at or over 192 Kbps. Will let you know ...