Constant searching message?

Guest badbob001

Guest badbob001

Many times my phone would suddenly not be able to receive or make calls, even though it has full bars. I think it says Seaching... instead of T-Mobile when that happens, but I didn't really pay attention to that part. I think it usually happens after I enter and leave a place with no signal (building, parking garage, subway).

The only fix is to restart the phone. I tried putting the phone in flight-mode, but when I do that, I can't get the phone out of flight mode. And so I need to restart.

I called t-mobile and the rep said that it is NORMAL and EXPECTED to restart your phone (any t-mobile phone) at least once a day. And the issue with my shadow is an expected issue and so no exchange or fix is possible. I pushed for more support and got sent to a pda/phone rep. She tells me that my problem is #2 on the shadow support list (battery life is #1). Other issues mentioned include phone freezing on incoming call (happened to me a few times).

All she could really offer was have me hard-reset my phone. I had already done that with the clear-storage icon, but she suggested I use the two-soft-key method. I've done that and it seems better, but since I don't have a lead box or deep basement, I can't really test if it's fixed. My wife has the same shadow and doesn't have this problem so I hope it's just a software issue that would be corrected by a hard-reset. I find myself being paranoid and calling my voicemail every one in a while to make sure I can still connect.

Guest trickinit
I called t-mobile and the rep said that it is NORMAL and EXPECTED to restart your phone (any t-mobile phone) at least once a day. And the issue with my shadow is an expected issue and so no exchange or fix is possible. I pushed for more support and got sent to a pda/phone rep. She tells me that my problem is #2 on the shadow support list (battery life is #1). Other issues mentioned include phone freezing on incoming call (happened to me a few times).

As a T-Mobile rep, I wouldn't necessarily say it's normal and expected to have to restart any phone everyday, just the ones running Windows Mobile. It's not the phones, it's the OS. <_<