CamerAware Buddy is a finger friendly app for adjusting the WiFi scan interval, and cleans up the zombie chunk of ram the Navizon API leaves behind after CamerAware (running Navizon), or Navizon itself, quits. CA Buddy is great when you want to save battery while walking, and still adjust automatically when you're at vehicle speeds (and hopefully plugged in!) without performing a complicated dance of registry editors or hard-coded cabs.
Thanks to shogunmark originally for the idea.
- Dynamic auto-selection of the WiFi ping scan-interval from 1 to 60 seconds (default usually 20 or 60) modulated by using real-time data from the GPS Intermediate Driver (WM5 and up)
- 1.0.1.x: turn off the screen (or let it time out) and continue to collect points
Do NOT run CA or Navizon directly, use this program instead.
- Select CamerAware mode or Navizon mode
- Quit it after you "Exit" from CA/Navizon
- force-KILL the app started up if the app hasn't actually exited cleanly and still hanging around and onto ~2MB chunk of ram. The Navizon .NETCF API tends to do that, although it eventually does go away by itself after minutes and minutes and minutes.
- Show to quick flip to the app currently running. It's not 100% accurate for CamerAware because it the root window handle seems to change sometimes.
- GPS is an incomplete debugging area to see if the GPS is working or wedged, and this can happen a lot with Navizon's code or WM6.0's GPS code. Also, this page can be used as a very fast and lightweight way to bootstrap the GPS (versus GPStest), and more visual than FusionGPSFix.
CA Buddy is tested for storage card installed CamerAware/Navizon, and in-storage-ram installation. The program WILL scan the preferred path and then soft-fail to the alternate path that's listed to find and execute.
It's small and fast @ 41KB ram. With GPSauto-set running, the cpu-load is ~0% on the FUZE/Touch Pro.
The current assumption in calculating the wifi auto-scan value is 10 meters per hotspot. Let me know if this is too generous, or too conservative.
- 2010/Mar/28 v18.104.22.168: updates
- 2009/Feb/22 v22.214.171.124: power saving improvements (199)
- 2009/Jan/20 v126.96.36.199 (13)
- 2009/01/07 v188.8.131.52: lots of polish; cpu optimizations
- 2008/02/26 v184.108.40.206:
Updated for the recent RC releases. Will still support the beta CA3 if you have it installed. Still bugs to fix including SHOW which has grown more unreliable as I haven't been able to investigate why the root hWnd for CA keeps changing.
- 2008/02/12 v220.127.116.11:
- Remembers CA or Navizon mode selection.
- Fix Auto-Set not shutting down GPS access when unselected (leaking a handle each time) until application exit.
- EXPERTS ONLY: Lets you turn force off/on the GPS Intermediate Driver as well as AGPS (in the registry) to debug compatibility with other GPS programs, manually power-save, whatever. Turning off GPSID could cause running GPS programs to go bonkers and WILL prevent new connections to the GPS. Useful to test if manual restart could unwedge corrupted GPS access.
- 2008/02/08 v18.104.22.168: Fixes missing storage path for Navizon; cab installer added.
- v22.214.171.124: this is revision alpha Next
Edited by NuShrike, 29 March 2010 - 01:22 AM.