Audio notes quality and volume

Guest chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

I was trying to record my youngest talking about his preschool friends yesterday, to send to my Dad in Oz.

When I used Voice Recording is was poor at best, but when I created a Note and embedded a recording it was really good quality.

Why is that?

Under Settings, Input, Options tab (not the keyboard Options) I have it set to "44,100 Hz, 16 bit, Stereo", and I assumed that the same settings apply to Notes audio.

Anyone got any ideas on how to make reasonable qualilty recordings, pref. to MP3 or similar. I've only got about 9Mb of internal storage left - so something that records direct to SD card would be cool.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest badai

are both sides suck or only the other side? for the later, you must use speaker phone while talking.

I was trying to record my youngest talking about his preschool friends yesterday, to send to my Dad in Oz.

When I used Voice Recording is was poor at best, but when I created a Note and embedded a recording it was really good quality.

Why is that?

Under Settings, Input, Options tab (not the keyboard Options) I have it set to "44,100 Hz, 16 bit, Stereo", and I assumed that the same settings apply to Notes audio.

Anyone got any ideas on how to make reasonable qualilty recordings, pref. to MP3 or similar. I've only got about 9Mb of internal storage left - so something that records direct to SD card would be cool.