Stereo Bluetooth Headset

Guest Victor Hogemann

Guest Victor Hogemann

Hi there,

I'd like your advice on choosing a stereo headset to use with my VOX. So, here are some questions:

• How good is the sound quality? Can I use a bluetooth headset to listen music?
  • What about battery life?
  • Compatibiliy... I've spotted some nice headsets from Moto and Nokia. Will they work on my VOX?
  • Do you recommend any specific brands?

Also, how else can I pimp my VOX? I'm already planning to upgrade my SD card, but what else can I use with it?

Thanks!

PS. Sorry my poor english, I'm not a native speaker :)

Depends what you gonna do with em... I got myself Jabra BT320s and its pretty good if your on the move (gym, jogging, etc.). Sound quality is fine for listening music and phone conversations but I plugged in other earphones (you can plug any 3.5 earphones into jabra bluetooth controller so thats a nice feature - the one included are ok but bass is poor). The sound can cut sometimes if you move especially when 4-5 meters away from the phone. Battery life is about 4-5 hrs as advertised.

Be careful though when I first tried to pair them with my Vox it detected them as Headset only (not wireless stereo); had to plug it in the charger 3 times for 5 seconds!!! I dont know why but after this procedure they are detected correctly by the vox (headset + wireless stereo)...

HI YES I HAVE THE MOTOROLA S9'S THEY ARE AWESOME, I WOULD RECOMEND DOING THE BLUETOOTH REGISTRY TWEEK, THE SOUND IS GREAT AFTER THAT, AND I LISTEN TO MUSIC ALOT ON MY VOX AND STILL GET NEARLY A WEEK OUT OF IT.

Guest Victor Hogemann

Thanks all for the advices!

My greatest concern was about compatibility, but it seems to be an non-issue.

Also... What's this "Bluetooth Registry Tweak" you talk about?

well there was an issue with sound quality when using bluetooth on the vox, the sound was really tinny and horrible, the bluetooth stack is not good, but try the bluetooth headphones first b4 any changes then try after the changes, i posted a link on here a while back on how to tweek the registry.

the bluetooth audio on my spv E650, was well TOTALLY RUBBISH, then i came across this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=308752 and my god did it completly change the audiio, i can actually listen through bluetooth now with the sound quality being amazing, just by editing the phone's registry and removing 2 entries,

WOW!!! cant thank this site enough, and all the people who take time to sort these problems out..

THANKYOU!!!!!

If any one had any troubles with bluetooth audio in stereo please post here, so we all can help, and post your results, and tell us what your audio is like after changing the 2 registry entries, if anyone needs help with this and the reg edit software ask and i will link to it, VIVA!!!!!!

I NOW JUST GONE AND BROUGHT THE BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES NOW, NO MORE WIRES!!! HUUURRAYYY!!!

Guest indtram

I hav a Jabra BT Hands Free...and Orange e650

but I am unable to listen to music using the Media player... the Sound comes from the Phoone and not the Headset !!!

any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanx

Edited by indtram

Guest Shuflie
I hav a Jabra BT Hands Free...and Orange e650

but I am unable to listen to music using the Media player... the Sound comes from the Phoone and not the Headset !!!

any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanx

I think there's a hack somewhere to allow listening to music with the handset profile, but you'd be better off buying proper bluetooth stereo headphones that support A2DP, less messing around and music that comes in both ears the way its meant to be heard.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hawaii

I picked up a pair of Plantronics P590's for pretty damn cheap, at $30. They are decent, but I will be upgrading to the Motorols S805 soon. The Plantronics don't allow you to turn off the blinking blue "BT ring" and it's hella annoying, also when not playing music there is a slight hiss. Sound quality is good when not played too loud but a lot of sound leakage also happens because they simply sit ontop your ears, unlike the S805's that surround it with a foam cushion. Build quality is also good, for $30 brand new local to me, they were a great deal to start off my A2DP experience.

I'll update when I get my S805's

Guest Disco Stu

I'm a huge fan of Motorola headsets.

I used the HT820s with the C600 and E650 but felt a little self-conscious on the street because of the size. I assume you wouldn't be using the S805s while walking around outside !

As soon as the S9s came out I bought them and I would recommend them to anyone.

Given that I only use them out of the house I don't expect concert hall standard but I've always been impressed with the quality of the sound. There is always the problem with the (very) occasional sound drop-out / hiccup and the subsequent quickening of the playback as if the media player is trying to catch up with itself. I think there is a tweak on XDAdevelopers that addresses this but I haven't bothered trying it. It seems to be a radio issue as there are certain specific points on my walk to/from work where it always happens.

Anyway, the S9s are pretty cheap and the sound quality is very good. Best of all, they are light and will fit nicely into a jacket pocket

:D

Guest prajith

I got my Jabra BT3030 yesterday and they sound brilliant with my Vox.

the earbuds with the headset are not that great with bass but I had a pair of panasonic earbuds with me and now the combination is awesome.

:D