MWC 2008: Are these the MDA Compact IV specs?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well well, look what we have here... provisional specs for the MDA Compact IV (announced today at MWC), which is expected to ship on T-Mobile around May 2008, and is NOT the HTC Polaris!

Feast your eyes on this...

• Windows Mobile Professional 6.1
  • VGA screen
  • UMTS / HSDPA 3.6MBPs
  • 3MP Autofocus Camera
  • Wireless LAN
  • Integrated GPS
  • 4 GB internal flash memory
  • FM Radio (a MDA Compact trait)
  • Black mirror shiny surface

This sounds HOT no? :)

P

[source: ppc-phones (German)]

Guest SeaneyC
Not without a keyboard it doesn't :)

I concur, i've been waiting for a killer device from HTC for ages now, and they keep missing the bar, yet they're obviously able to make one, and then give it to Sony Ericsson!

If the Xperia is as good as its specs lead us to believe, future HTC phones will really have to get good to even be considered, let alone purchased. What's going on!

I think that secretly they have a team of people who dream up spec sheets, then remove a couple of features, then hand it to the design team.

Guest rameses
Not without a keyboard it doesn't :)

I'm with Monolithix on this one. Having used a hardware keyboard for so long I can't get used to using a touchscreen. Other than that it sounds great.

I suppose their Compact range never has keyboards, that's the Vario range right? The specs do look quite good though; I'm interested to see what the device looks like and if HTC are manufacturing it!

Guest debully

Cool - was coming over here for a moan about the lack of a worthwile upgrade from my Trinity (My brothers Orbit 2 seems bigger, less robust and clunkier) and seem to have stumbled accross the answer. Now, if only I could get this on Orange....

...I know what your thinking - but I'm a plasterer and I NEED Orange care.

Guest Monolithix

I'm...struggling...to get used to using purely software input again on the MWg Atom Life (see sig below :)), its usable but i *really* miss the hardware kb from my Kaiser!

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul,

Was, from what you saw, the device as small as a Touch or was it more like the current MDAC3?

Regards

Looked about the size of a shadow from the brief glance I got! :)

P

Guest markdotpeters5

Hmmm, my TMobile contract is up in three weeks, and I've been toying with switching back to Winmo when it gets a decent VGA screened device.

Don't really fancy waiting until May though, and TMobile's 3g has been playing up round here something chronic.

Decisions decisions...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Perfectionist

Sweet !! I'd be happy to wait for this baby !!

Anybody willing to guess how much it might cost ?? Would it be the same price as the Compact 3 is now ??

Also, isn't there a new version of the Vario on it way ??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.