MWC 2008: Hands on with the Eten devices

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Greetings from rainy England! Yes, i'm back from MWC. I'm just catching up with everything, but for your pleasure here is a video hands on with the Eten devices presented at MWC, namely the hot new V900, the consumer focused M810, the VGA kaiser alike the M800 and the bijou VGA X650.

I'll post more deets on each of the devices shortly (limited connectivity atm), but highlights for me with each device were:

V900...

- it will have DVB-T (read Freeview TV)

- new generation of Samsung chip and is FAST!

- 256MB ROM / 128MB ROM for the first time in an Eten device

- New 3.2 Megapixel camera with flash

M810...

- consumer focused, good looking device

- new camera application (see screenshot below)

- suprisingly good keyboard!

- Flash lite for mobile youtube

- Samsung 400MHz processor

- SiRF III GPS (super sensitive!0

M800...

- lovely screen

- great keyboard

- no bigger than a kaiser

- Same Samsung processor and SiRF III GPS again

X650...

- Unbelievably compact body houses a VGA screen

- Powerful competitor to HTC touch sized devices

Enjoy! :)

P

14-Feb-2008_newetencamera.JPG

Guest mikeeey

The kaiser was supposed to be fast too, but i have a little more trust in this, it's samsung...but so was the hermes! and it was the first device that had the touchscreen bug!

EDIT: i was refering to the V900

I just wish most devices's keyboards slide out right, and not left. more people are right handed but most htc devices are for leftys.

Edited by mikeeey

The kaiser was supposed to be fast too, but i have a little more trust in this, it's samsung...but so was the hermes! and it was the first device that had the touchscreen bug!

EDIT: i was refering to the V900

I just wish most devices's keyboards slide out right, and not left. more people are right handed but most htc devices are for leftys.

Exactly because most of us are right-handed, the manufacturers make the devices for "left-handed" persons, because while u do something and want to use the phone at the same time, u will take the phone in you left hand.. isn't it logical? I think it's nice that it's for "left-handed" use

p.s V900 without integrated TV-tuner? Weren't there an info for VGA, Wm6.1 Tv-Tuner and GPS device from Eten? Or it will be announce later.. It should be, I want it! :) Even if it's Wm6.0(most probably yes)

Guest NuShrike

Wow, look at how fast some of the devices scrolls Programs and rotates the display - no flicker. M810 looks like it's built to leech Kaiser users - down to the shape and looks. No more ugly M800 versus the X800.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest battletank
Bah. If it's going to tear me away from my iPhone, it's going to have to be VGA AND fast.

Until then, I'm voting with my wallet.

The nice thing about an iPhone is you get to vote with your wallet again and again and again.

Guest Menneisyys
Looks like VGA gives a real performance hit...

http://feeds.pocketpcthoughts.com/~r/pocke...07322/index.php

Not necessarily - at least with not all models. For example, there isn't much difference between for example (NON-3D!!) graphics-intensive games / emulators running on the Dell Axim x50v / x51v and any QVGA device. That is, VGA doesn't necessarily mean low speed.

(I've just posted a lot of additional posts in your linked thread.)

Guest markdotpeters5
The nice thing about an iPhone is you get to vote with your wallet again and again and again.

*sigh* there's always one isn't there!

I actually made a profit switching from my N95 to my iPhone. Don't make the mistake that we're all foolish enough to line o2's pockets.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.