This presents a number of problems, namely
- Users who deploy CF 3.5 to their device but use applications targeting older versions will not benefit from the 3.5 performance improvements
- Developers who develop apps for pre CF 3.5 frameworks cannot easily test their applications ready for when 3.5 only devices come along
Sadly in Microsoft's infinite wisdom the application in question is tucked away in simple EXE inside the 6.2MB download and somewhat hard to find, so i've taken the liberty of packaging it up into a CAB here that installs it with it's own Start Menu shortcut. I've also included the .net CF 3.5 CAB below, so you can get your device updated quickly and easily by...
- Downloading and installing both CABs below (to internal memory!)
- Running '.Net Configuration' from your Start Menu
- Navigating to the 'Device Policy' tab and selecting version 3.5
- Selecting 'Apply' then 'OK'
That's it, you're done! You can even check it's working by installing my CamerAware Beta and hitting 'About', after which you should see the screen below.
Enjoy, and hope this is useful
PS If you ARE a developer, there's other goodies in that Powertoys package that are well worth a look too!
I got excited when I saw this post, that was until I couldn't get it to work. My blackjackII won't 1. let me see the the files, 2. once located the darn thing won't let me run them; the open tab is greyed out.