Sprite Backup messed up my phone!

Guest SomeaznPunk

Guest SomeaznPunk

I make regular backups with Sprite Backup in case something bad happens.

The other day, I accidentally deleted all my contacts so I used Sprite Backup.

Now, none of my keys work. The send key, end key, softkeys, scroll wheel, number pad...etc. None of them work. Even when I hold the end key down to shut it off, it doesn't work.

What do I do now?

Also, I can't establish a connect with my PC either when I plug in my phone to my PC.

Is there anyone to hard reset the phone without having any of the keys work?

Guest Abemelek
Yeah...I <_< know that...which is why I said my send key doesn't work...

i had the same problem try to push the send key and wait for it, if it doesn't work try pushing the left soft key.

Guest chaznet

IMO -- Sprite Backup isn't that great. Have purchased it and tried to use it several times. By the name, you'd think you could just backup the device completely, and restore it as it was when you backed it up. Turns out not to be the case -- it backs up some stuff, but not all and you need a bit of luck if you want to restore what did supposedly back up. Sprite Backup involves a lot of time and frustration, and doesn't always work. Unfortunately, I know of no other solution :)

Guest chaznet

IMO -- Sprite Backup isn't that great. Have purchased it and tried to use it several times. By the name, you'd think you could just backup the device completely, and restore it as it was when you backed it up. Turns out not to be the case -- it backs up some stuff, but not all and you need a bit of luck if you want to restore what did supposedly back up. Sprite Backup involves a lot of time and frustration, and doesn't always work. Unfortunately, I know of no other solution :)

Guest SomeaznPunk

Is there anyone to extract data from the backup file? I just want to get all my phone numbers off of it.

I can access the file because it is on my storage card.

Guest badbob001
Is there anyone to extract data from the backup file? I just want to get all my phone numbers off of it.

I can access the file because it is on my storage card.

Sprite backup comes with a desktop companion to view backup files on a pc, though I'm not sure if you can extract contact info from it. I guess you never sync'ed with outlook. I guess you can try running the windows mobile emulator (free from microsoft) and do a sprite backup restore in the emulator and sync the emulator with outlook...

emulator:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

wm6 rom images:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en