Problem using PocketSNES on the Shadow w/certain functions

Guest hier0glyphics

Guest hier0glyphics

First off, I would like to say hi to everyone, as I am new to this forum, and this is my 1st post! :)

Now, lets get down to brass tacks......

I have PocketSNES working fairly smoothly on my Shadow, and I can play most .SMC SNES Roms just fine. However, with some games, certain functions will not work and it prevents me from making further progress in the game. I have a few examples of this, but the most frustrating one is when I have to use a function which requires you to press two buttons at one time.

Here is a perfect example:

When playing "Legend of Zelda: A link to the pass" I can perform all normal functions (i.e. use primary and secondary weapons, move left/right/up/down, bring up the map, pick up bottles and even push blocks)

The problem occurs when I have to perform maneuvers that require two keys pressed at the sametime. (i.e.pulling a switch) To do this in LOZ, they tell you to press "A" and "hold down" on the D-Pad.

When i try to do this it never works and you just see link move towards the bottom of the screen as if I was just pressing down. Normally this would be a minor annoyance, but in this game you can't even get pass the first dungeon without pulling on a lever.

The Rom itself seems to work fine on my pc SNES emu. So i am guessing this is either a problem with the Shadow or a bug in PocketSNES. Has anyone seen this problem or know a work around?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

Guest Jawatech
First off, I would like to say hi to everyone, as I am new to this forum, and this is my 1st post! :D

Now, lets get down to brass tacks......

I have PocketSNES working fairly smoothly on my Shadow, and I can play most .SMC SNES Roms just fine. However, with some games, certain functions will not work and it prevents me from making further progress in the game. I have a few examples of this, but the most frustrating one is when I have to use a function which requires you to press two buttons at one time.

Here is a perfect example:

When playing "Legend of Zelda: A link to the pass" I can perform all normal functions (i.e. use primary and secondary weapons, move left/right/up/down, bring up the map, pick up bottles and even push blocks)

The problem occurs when I have to perform maneuvers that require two keys pressed at the sametime. (i.e.pulling a switch) To do this in LOZ, they tell you to press "A" and "hold down" on the D-Pad.

When i try to do this it never works and you just see link move towards the bottom of the screen as if I was just pressing down. Normally this would be a minor annoyance, but in this game you can't even get pass the first dungeon without pulling on a lever.

The Rom itself seems to work fine on my pc SNES emu. So i am guessing this is either a problem with the Shadow or a bug in PocketSNES. Has anyone seen this problem or know a work around?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!

Well as soon as i can get PocketSNES to load without locking up i'll let you know. lol