Blackjack II GPS and other questions...

Guest greybucket

Guest greybucket

Ok, I downloaded MoDaCo.SmartphoneGPSActivator.COM4 and also Microsoft_Smartphone_GPSID_Settings. I installed Google Maps and it seems to be working ok. I do not have the Telenav monthly plan purchased and shouldnt be able to use the GPS... does this mean that the patch works?

Second thing is, am I being charged for using the GPS going this route? I was under the impression that by bypassing the Telenav program, I was bypassing the subscription service to it as well.

Third thing, How do I disable connecting to medianet so i don't accrue data usage fees? If I disabled medianet, would I still be able to make phone calls and send and receive text msg's?

• 1 month later...
Guest clockwork58
Ok, I downloaded MoDaCo.SmartphoneGPSActivator.COM4 and also Microsoft_Smartphone_GPSID_Settings. I installed Google Maps and it seems to be working ok. I do not have the Telenav monthly plan purchased and shouldnt be able to use the GPS... does this mean that the patch works?

Second thing is, am I being charged for using the GPS going this route? I was under the impression that by bypassing the Telenav program, I was bypassing the subscription service to it as well.

Third thing, How do I disable connecting to medianet so i don't accrue data usage fees? If I disabled medianet, would I still be able to make phone calls and send and receive text msg's?

When you use GPS, you are downloading data using medianet. If you remove Medianet, then it won't work.

There's absolutely no way in getting around for not being charged for data download.

If you disable medianet, you can still make calls and sms/mms. Those are under different settings if you look under GPRS in the connections settings.