att and q global

Guest confrused

Guest confrused

hi, i've been lurking around here and howarforums for a bit now reading up on the blackjack2 and the global. i ended up buying the global and, while digging around, noticed that my memory manager was giving me numbers i didn't expect to see, based on my understanding of the hardware makeup of the att global:

device storage: 132.06 mb

--used: 13.43 mb

--free: 118.63 mb

ram storage: 66.12 mb

--used: 28.40 mb

--free: 37.72 mb

on the wireless.att.com site it says this thing is supposed to come with 256 mb of ROM and 96 mb of RAM. is there a logical reason for this discrepancy in numbers? is my memory manager lying? or do i need to take my phone back for a replacement?

THANKS!

Guest dwboston
hi, i've been lurking around here and howarforums for a bit now reading up on the blackjack2 and the global. i ended up buying the global and, while digging around, noticed that my memory manager was giving me numbers i didn't expect to see, based on my understanding of the hardware makeup of the att global:

device storage: 132.06 mb

--used: 13.43 mb

--free: 118.63 mb

ram storage: 66.12 mb

--used: 28.40 mb

--free: 37.72 mb

on the wireless.att.com site it says this thing is supposed to come with 256 mb of ROM and 96 mb of RAM. is there a logical reason for this discrepancy in numbers? is my memory manager lying? or do i need to take my phone back for a replacement?

THANKS!

All of the AT&T Q9h's show the same thing in regards to memory and storage. There's nothing wrong with your device. The Windows Mobile software and any installed apps on the device must account for the storage difference. I'm not sure about the RAM difference - probably system files or startup applications that Windows loads in RAM when it starts up.