CeBIT08: Asus' Flashy New GUI for WM6.1

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

What is it about WM6.1 that has phone manufacturers reaching for their imaginations? First it was Sony Ericsson with the panel interface for the X1 and now Asus are having a bash...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"width="425" height="355">

Ok, so they've certainly taken some cues from Apple and HTC but hey, who cares, it's all in an effort to make our devices easier to use and sexier to look at right? :D

Video source

Guest fraktal

Yeah. I'm always amazed that third-party developers are able to make these awesome interfaces that load quickly and smoothly, whereas the default microsoft ones seem to load slowly and in "parts" (you should see my messaging app open when I'm running other things too!). It just shows that, on the same device, a totally slick interface is definitely possible...

Guest phishwak

I'm no Apple fanboy but the iPhone has made other manufacturers have a serious look at how bad their UI's are - especially with Windows Mobile. All good for us users I reckon.

Guest fraktal
I'm no Apple fanboy but the iPhone has made other manufacturers have a serious look at how bad their UI's are - especially with Windows Mobile. All good for us users I reckon.

My thoughts exactly.

• 1 month later...
Guest richair

Any idea when this GUI might appear on actual phones? The ASUS P750 will get the upgrade to WM 6.1 anyway, so why not get this cool interface?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.