Would you buy one?

Guest VaK0

This phone looks really intresting, but the internet seems to think there not that good. So, from people who own or use one of these, would you recommend one to someone who isn't that worried about hacking about with a phone?

Guest Mr Alom
This phone looks really intresting, but the internet seems to think there not that good. So, from people who own or use one of these, would you recommend one to someone who isn't that worried about hacking about with a phone?

Which phone is that? :D

Guest wovens

I have one and I like it but am not sure if I would recommend it if you don't know your way around WM tweaking. Besides, from what I read online, having a non buggy hardware is a hit-and-miss affair. All in all if you are very busy with no time to waste, don't buy it.

Also, there is very little in the way of hackers using this device to give us tidbits from time to time and there is no hope of new firmware update coming.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Petrosk73
I have one and I like it but am not sure if I would recommend it if you don't know your way around WM tweaking. Besides, from what I read online, having a non buggy hardware is a hit-and-miss affair. All in all if you are very busy with no time to waste, don't buy it.

Also, there is very little in the way of hackers using this device to give us tidbits from time to time and there is no hope of new firmware update coming.

Hi wovens,

I also have one and would be very interested to know what tweaks you have on yours. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wovens

I have the tweaks shown here: http://www.modaco.com/content/UBiQUiO-503G...our-fixes-here/

and I've installed the update for high density sd cards (to make them visible to the system)

I, from time to time, try stuff made for htc mobile-pdas but few tweaks were of any use, I don't remember names or links off-hand now.

If I remember anything really useful I will post here.

• 1 month later...
Guest Metoo

Take a look at the Expansys support forum, note the lack of response from the Ubiquio/MWG product managers (=Expansys) for over 6 months, and the complaints from the frustrated users.

Also take a look at the desperate measures Expansys employees are taking to get rid of their remaining stock, by posting up their own glowing reviews:

My current favourite for mobile e-mail

by Roger - 12 April 2008

I use one of these every day for mobile e-mail, its by far my favourite device, not the best looking ever but extyremely functional. Get a function case (eXpansys Code: 156334) and it looks as good as it works - brilliant! (5 stars)

Profile: Roger

User Name : Roger

Edited by Metoo

• 3 months later...

I'm interested in buying this phone, I'm not a buisness user, i have a lot of time to sit and tweak it, and i live in the uk, not planning to use the 3g functions. So what would you say to someone like me who's planning on just using it for instant messaging mostly? Worth buying for £99?