HTC Herald White Screen of Death

Guest cracula

Guest cracula

I dropped my Herald a week ago and it seemed fine. Put it in my pocket and then took it out a couple hours later and the screen had about 4 cracks in it. I assumed it was because I had dropped it earlier. The screen was white except for some blue areas where the cracking was most severe.

I ordered a brand new replacement LCD screen on ebay and just finished installing it. To my utter dismay the screen is still completely white!! :D It seems to respond to my touch (it goes brighter when I touch it), and it turns on and off w/ the power switch, but there is nothing but white on the screen. I can receive calls just fine.

Is it possible I got the connection loose when I installed it? Or is it likely there's something else wrong with my phone? Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest cracula

I went ahead and disassembled my phone again and reseated the connections and now it works! The connection that wasn't pushed in quite far enough was the one that connects the LCD to the phone, just under the RF board. Now I have a phone that can not only receive calls but make them too!

I bought my screen for $49.75 from seller superpc168 on ebay for those looking.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest simonastro

hello mate

I did a search for your rebay seller and it comes up nil

can you confirm ID or send me a link?

I have same white screen/cracked with a universal

cheers

simon

I went ahead and disassembled my phone again and reseated the connections and now it works! The connection that wasn't pushed in quite far enough was the one that connects the LCD to the phone, just under the RF board. Now I have a phone that can not only receive calls but make them too!

I bought my screen for $49.75 from seller superpc168 on ebay for those looking.