Windows Mobile 6 start menu

Guest bergsorensen

Guest bergsorensen

Hello MoDaCo (first post.. so be gentle :D)

Iwe just purchased a s730 with wm6 going from a n95, and im having some problems with the start menu.

I cant seem to move the icons/links in the start menu into folders - they all seem to have a "read only" option which cant be removed.

Iwe tried using Total Commander (f6 - move) with the same result.

Is there any workarround on this? 3rd party tool or do i just have to live with a 10 fet long list of icons in my menu...? :(

A side question.. My phone is branded to telia (i assume since its bought there). Im thinking this is why i cant uninstall programs like flash, etc on the phone. Is there a way to debrand it myself?

Thanks in advance for answers to the above :(

Kasper

Guest jonathanbaker1
Hello MoDaCo (first post.. so be gentle :D )

Iwe just purchased a s730 with wm6 going from a n95, and im having some problems with the start menu.

I cant seem to move the icons/links in the start menu into folders - they all seem to have a "read only" option which cant be removed.

Iwe tried using Total Commander (f6 - move) with the same result.

Is there any workarround on this? 3rd party tool or do i just have to live with a 10 fet long list of icons in my menu...? :(

A side question.. My phone is branded to telia (i assume since its bought there). Im thinking this is why i cant uninstall programs like flash, etc on the phone. Is there a way to debrand it myself?

Thanks in advance for answers to the above :(

Kasper

You may have to use a registry editor. Do a google search for CeRegEditor, it's free, powerfull, and allows for backups in case something gets messed up.

As far as "debranding" lol. I know what you mean but just never heard it put like that. Well the good news is that HTCs are very forgiving with unlocking, overclocking, flashing, customizing. I remember mine being a piece of cake to completely unlock. It will be different for your model of course. Unlocking it will technically debrand it, so you could use it on other networks and other locations, as well as load custom systems on it.

This isn't gonna remove the (probably annoying) Telia stuff, which is probly there when you start it up and whatever. But you can flash new .ROMS to the phone, and this can be fun and frustrating. I'm not gonna get into it much, you can read all about it all over the web. A new .ROM will generally remove every single bit of data from the phone and install a fresh or customized Windows Mobile, without any Telia stuff, but sometimes the guys that package the ROMS like to put their names all over the place.

There's some stuff to think about.. make sure you're good with computers before doing this stuff, because it is possible to kill the phone instantly.

Guest mightymike84

www.e-natives.com

Smart Toolkit

best start menu mod of all time!

forget the standard windows mobile menu, this one ownz it x10!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest daddiedan

Hi, I have an Omnia B7610 running WinMo6.5. I want to customise the default today screen, so that CClock opens the Samsung Clock program (TClock in Windows Dir) instead of MSClock. Any ideas? I am ok with programming, registry editting, etc in the windows environment but am something of a newbie to WinMo programming (although I did manage to make a Work/Life button on my Omnia i900 before Samsung thought of it ;) )

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.