FINALLY! I got the settings from a Samsung Jack on Rogers Network!

Guest Mysterious Caveman

Guest Mysterious Caveman

I've noticed a fair amount of people have been searching for this answer (especially some of the folks over at Howard Forums): How to get MMS working on a Samsung i617 (BlackJack II). Well I've been searching this answer for a while and nobody in this forum with a Samsung Jack has been willing to help me out. The tech support at Rogers gave me a bunch of settings, but nothing specific for this device; none of them worked, and incidentally, they obviously didn't give me ALL the settings because there was a bunch they never mentioned. Finally, I was ready to go buy a Samsung Jack from the Rogers store and return it because they didn't have a functional store display model and wouldn't let me touch a boxed one. Luckily, when I went in this time to actually purchase one, the lady working there just pulled out of the box to let me take a look at it! Finally, some decent customer support instead of the usual "can't, won't, unable, sorry sir". I'm just iterating all this so that you know the loops Rogers makes you go through for not paying $400 for their i616 which by the way is exactly the same as the i617 but WITHOUT GPS (and they only have black, not the burgundy). Without further a due, the settings to get MMS working on your BlackJack II:

GPRS:

Profile Name: RogersInternet

Connects to: The Internet

Access Point: internet.com

Everything else Default/Blank/None

Profile Name: RogersMedia

Connects to: Work

Access Point: media.com

User name: media

Password: mda01

Authentication Type: PAP

Everything else Default/Blank

Proxy:

Profile Name: HTTP

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP Network

Proxy: 10.128.1.69:80

Type: HTTP

Profile Name: Socks4

Proxy: 10.128.1.69:1080

Type: Socks4

Multimedia Msg. Options

Sending Options

Priority: Normal

Validity Period: Maximum

Delivery Time: Immediatly

Creation Mode: Free

Size: 295 KB

Request Delivery/Read Report: Unchecked

Receiving Options

Download Mode: Automatic

Reject Unknown Sender: Unchecked

The rest are all checked

Multimedia Msg. Profiles

MMSC URL: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com

Proxy: Checked

Address: 10.128.1.69

Port: 80

GPRS: RogersMedia

Guest jmackey
paying $400 for their i616 which by the way is exactly the same as the i617 but WITHOUT GPS (and they only have black, not the burgundy).

It does indeed have GPS.

Guest clockwork58

I was one of the people who went for 3+ months with MMS not working on my unlocked BJ2.

I walked into a Rogers store today and they had a demo unit. quickly looked at the settings and got my MMS to start working today.

I didn't check Proxy settings, but these are the ones I jotted down and it works:

Here are my settings:

RogersInternet

Connects to : The Internet

User name: wapuser1

Password: wap

Authentication Type: none

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

IP Address: 172.25.0.107

RogersMedia

Connects to : WORK

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

IP Address:

MMSC Settings:

Name: Rogers MMS

Proxy is checked

Guest SCMOMO

I don't get it. I got my BJII from the AT&T store. How can I use those settings? Wouldn't I be blocked from using Rogers (whoever that is) with my phone?

Guest clockwork58
I don't get it. I got my BJII from the AT&T store. How can I use those settings? Wouldn't I be blocked from using Rogers (whoever that is) with my phone?

I bought my BJ2 from the AT&T store, but you find an unlock service online and for about $15 you get the code to unlock the phone and voila, phone can now work with any supported GSM network.

Guest christophe75

i616 = i617

only the communication systems between providers are differents.

And i616 should be better than i617 because the network protocols are better.

I have i616 from Rogers and I have the GPS included but locked same than i617.

Apply Paul or microsoft patches to unlock it.

Guest Mysterious Caveman
i616 = i617

only the communication systems between providers are differents.

And i616 should be better than i617 because the network protocols are better.

I have i616 from Rogers and I have the GPS included but locked same than i617.

Apply Paul or microsoft patches to unlock it.

what makes u think the network protocol works betters?

clockwork58, i deleted the RogersInternet profile and the proxy profiles and MMS still works and I don't have to worry about accidental data charges for using the internet.

Guest pintocj

Mysterious Caveman: You sir, are awesome! I bought a BlackJack back in March 2007 and Rogers was never able to get the MMS working. Even yesterday I went to a Rogers store and called the technical support without any luck! By chance I found your posting this morning, tried it, and it works! Thank you so much! You rock!

Guest Mysterious Caveman
Mysterious Caveman: You sir, are awesome! I bought a BlackJack back in March 2007 and Rogers was never able to get the MMS working. Even yesterday I went to a Rogers store and called the technical support without any luck! By chance I found your posting this morning, tried it, and it works! Thank you so much! You rock!

No problem, glad I could be a help :D

The next thing I'd like to figure out how to get working is MSN using stricly SMS (I don't have a data plan).

• 5 months later...
Guest KARNAG3
I've noticed a fair amount of people have been searching for this answer (especially some of the folks over at Howard Forums): How to get MMS working on a Samsung i617 (BlackJack II). Well I've been searching this answer for a while and nobody in this forum with a Samsung Jack has been willing to help me out. The tech support at Rogers gave me a bunch of settings, but nothing specific for this device; none of them worked, and incidentally, they obviously didn't give me ALL the settings because there was a bunch they never mentioned. Finally, I was ready to go buy a Samsung Jack from the Rogers store and return it because they didn't have a functional store display model and wouldn't let me touch a boxed one. Luckily, when I went in this time to actually purchase one, the lady working there just pulled out of the box to let me take a look at it! Finally, some decent customer support instead of the usual "can't, won't, unable, sorry sir". I'm just iterating all this so that you know the loops Rogers makes you go through for not paying $400 for their i616 which by the way is exactly the same as the i617 but WITHOUT GPS (and they only have black, not the burgundy). Without further a due, the settings to get MMS working on your BlackJack II:

GPRS:

Profile Name: RogersInternet

Connects to: The Internet

Everything else Default/Blank/None

Connects to: Work

Proxy:

Profile Name: HTTP

Proxy: 10.128.1.69:80

Type: HTTP

Profile Name: Socks4

Proxy: 10.128.1.69:1080

Type: Socks4

Multimedia Msg. Options

Sending Options

Priority: Normal

Validity Period: Maximum

Delivery Time: Immediatly

Creation Mode: Free

Size: 295 KB

Request Delivery/Read Report: Unchecked

Receiving Options

Download Mode: Automatic

Reject Unknown Sender: Unchecked

The rest are all checked

Multimedia Msg. Profiles

Proxy: Checked

You RULZ!!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
What verson of Windows is everyone using? I am using WM6.1 that Da_G created (http://www.txcaesar.net/mobile/mobile/index.php). It works really well, but the setting dont' work anymore. There are more options that there is from the old versions. Just wondering what versions of Windows everyone is using.

Thanks!

hey, i live in canada, but have an at&t unlocked i617. i had wm6.0, and was able to get on the net using some settings, but once i upgraded to 6.1 they no longer worked. the above two settings did not work for me.. after some tinkering, these worked, give them a shot anyone with an i617 on rogers in canada (note, internet didnt, work, but secure wap did):

Description: RogersInternet

Connects to: Secure WAP Network

Access point: internet.com

Authentication Type: None

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

IP address: 172.25.0.107

Now in IE, go to Tools -> Options -> Connections:

Automatically detects settings: UNCHECK

Select Network: Secure WAP Network

These worked for me for internet!! Not sure about MMS or anything else that's all ive done so far.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pintocj
hey, i live in canada, but have an at&t unlocked i617. i had wm6.0, and was able to get on the net using some settings, but once i upgraded to 6.1 they no longer worked. the above two settings did not work for me.. after some tinkering, these worked, give them a shot anyone with an i617 on rogers in canada (note, internet didnt, work, but secure wap did):

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

These worked for me for internet!! Not sure about MMS or anything else that's all ive done so far.

Cheers

Thanks, I could always get the internet working it's the MMS.

• 4 months later...
Guest Swift0202

Hi, thanks for such a valuable info.

I have an additional question regarding email setup.

Now i have my internet set, I am trying to have my Gmail setup but it is not working.

It shows : Connection Error - The remote party has ended this connection

If you or anyone is using Gmail, could you give me some input on this?

Thanks!

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

Cheers

• 7 months later...
Guest klown78

Hi all,

sorry to bring this back from the dead...

I have upgraded to 6.1

and my jack is unlocked, however I have tried all the settings mentioned above and I got nothing!!

Sms and phone work, but no networking

My jack is a I616 Any help is greatly appreciated,(also I am new to this, so please in the easiest terms possible would be Amazingly appreciated)