Breaking: Asus P750 Packing VGA Screen!?

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
p750_vga.jpg

Straight from the ZOMGWTF files come this little tidbit from the Asus Mobile Club Russia forums (other parts of Europe and Asia have had the P750 for a while now). It would seem that the P750 has a "dual mode" VGA screen! Allegedly, the supplier they used for the P750 screen was able to supply Asus with VGA screens at a cheaper rate than QVGA screens! :D

Now, as yet, there is no way to "activate" the VGA "mode" of the screen but efforts would certainly seem to be under way by our Eastern European buddies. I'll be keeping a very close eye on this one :(

Oh and just for fun, let's run a little poll - Would a VGA screen make you more or less likely to buy the P750? Asus, hope you're watching :(

[LCD Datasheet] [Source] [Via] [Via]

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Ummmm....just because you've only just noticed a post dated 24/2 doesn't make it 'breaking news' does it?....two weeks later?... :D

Parts bin economies of scale are fairly commonplace. Getting the VGA mode to work without the asscoiated hardware on the mainboard will be tricky if the graphics chip can't handle addressing each pixel and can only do the cluster mode for QVGA. I'll keep an eye on the Russian forum for more breaking news though, thanks....

M.S

Guest spvdk

Nice, if it can be used as a VGA. Personally I doubt it and then I can't see any benefits in having the VGA instead of QVGA, on the contrary.

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
Ummmm....just because you've only just noticed a post dated 24/2 doesn't make it 'breaking news' does it?....two weeks later?... :(

Parts bin economies of scale are fairly commonplace. Getting the VGA mode to work without the asscoiated hardware on the mainboard will be tricky if the graphics chip can't handle addressing each pixel and can only do the cluster mode for QVGA. I'll keep an eye on the Russian forum for more breaking news though, thanks....

M.S

I do apologize, I'll try harder next time, just for you :D

Guest Mysterious Stranger
I do apologize, I'll try harder next time, just for you :(

I feel so special. Special needs that is... :D

M.S

p.s anyone checked with the FCC cert. docs if available to see what chip(s) are handling the graphics to see if they can do VGA?.... just a thought. Can't post in Russian.

Guest Sudhir K

would like to enquire quickly though, what type of microSDHC cards it accepts the class 4 or class 6 or can both be used in this device?

cheerS!

not gettin the atom life...so sad that this phone reached the shores of malaysia....

Edited by Sudhir K

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
would like to enquire quickly though, what type of microSDHC cards it accepts the class 4 or class 6 or can both be used in this device?

cheerS!

not gettin the atom life...so sad that this phone reached the shores of malaysia....

yes, the p750 supports all types of sdhc card...as long as they're micro sd :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.