O2 UK announce an XDA-flavoured HTC S730 - the XDA Atmos

Guest Monolithix

Guest Monolithix

[teaser]

thumb_17-Mar-2008_o2xdaatmos.jpg
While the S730 isn't anything new to regular readers, UK residents interested in the 3G QWERTY slider running Windows Mobile 6 Standard will soon be able to pick the subsidised handset up on O2 UK. The spec would appear to be the same (definately no GPS, boo!) but personally I think O2's black paint job makes it more appealing than the HTC version![/teaser]

The full spec includes:

• 2.4" qVGA screen
  • Slide out QWERTY keyboard
  • 256/64MB ROM/RAM
  • BT/Wifi
  • Quadband GSM, EDGE/2100MHz UMTS, HSDPA
  • 51x105.8x19.4mm
  • 150g

Hopefully the O2 software build has worked out the memory leak issues reported by some S730 users!

[via RegHardware ]

Great phone but a bit chunky to be carrying around. I'd kill for something with the form factor of the Nokia 6300. I bet there's a real market for a small, slim smartphone with WM6 on it but not too fancy that it puts off regular punters.

Great phone but a bit chunky to be carrying around. I'd kill for something with the form factor of the Nokia 6300. I bet there's a real market for a small, slim smartphone with WM6 on it but not too fancy that it puts off regular punters.

The iMate smartflip/ HTC StrTrk is available from Expansys for just £60, and a Windows Mobile 6.1 build (unoffical of course) is available if you want a small, thin smartphone.

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archive/200...artflip-60.aspx

Edited by ZSX

Guest DarkWanderer
The iMate smartflip/ HTC StrTrk is available from Expansys for just £60, and a Windows Mobile 6.1 build (unoffical of course) is available if you want a small, thin smartphone.

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archive/200...artflip-60.aspx

His link to expansys is dead, but I think that's because they are only now selling the PINK version of that phone! At £60 (plus VAT) it 's tempting, but with a pink front cover....no.

Guest G1LIW
[teaser]
thumb_17-Mar-2008_o2xdaatmos.jpg
While the S730 isn't anything new to regular readers, UK residents interested in the 3G QWERTY slider running Windows Mobile 6 Standard will soon be able to pick the subsidised handset up on O2 UK. The spec would appear to be the same (definately no GPS, boo!) but personally I think O2's black paint job makes it more appealing than the HTC version![/teaser]

The full spec includes:

• 2.4" qVGA screen
  • Slide out QWERTY keyboard
  • 256/64MB ROM/RAM
  • BT/Wifi
  • Quadband GSM, EDGE/2100MHz UMTS, HSDPA
  • 51x105.8x19.4mm
  • 150g

Hopefully the O2 software build has worked out the memory leak issues reported by some S730 users!

[via RegHardware ]

What, no GPSr chipset and SatNav software? :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RiCoCheT

Just got one from work today, phone feels a bit heavy, compared to its predecessor XDA Graphite (o2's replacement).

The keypad on the graphite was easier to use as the keys were bigger, they have squeezed in the pick up/end call buttons on the keypad.

On boot up there is 18.63MB (with nothing installed) so not sure if this is also affected like the HTC S730 are with memory being eaten by the memory monster, await HTC to resolve...

Time to play and customize with my preferred apps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.