Bit Lonely in here

Guest wardy

Guest Techy
:( Am I the only one ?

Ha, some of us are working, or with the familly ... I just finished making a guitar frm skratch that will pay for my new phone and laptop :D

TYTN II ftw :(

Guest Prosody

Just thought I'd throw my name in, I just this weekend got myself an O2 Orbit 2 and am loving it so far.

Not having a keyboard is quite a departure for me but other than that I love the device to bits.

Had initial issues with Co-Pilot not working and such but now it's purring away like a little kitten. :D

*thumbs up*

Edited by Prosody

Guest wardy
Just thought I'd throw my name in, I just this weekend got myself an O2 Orbit 2 and am loving it so far.

Not having a keyboard is quite a departure for me but other than that I love the device to bits.

Had initial issues with Co-Pilot not working and such but now it's purring away like a little kitten. :D

*thumbs up*

Phew thought I was the only owner :(

Have terrible issues with co pilot . Got rid and took on TomTom again

Guest Confucious
Phew thought I was the only owner :D

Have terrible issues with co pilot . Got rid and took on TomTom again

What issues are you guys having with CP? It's so much better than TT, shame to give up on it.

Guest wardy
What issues are you guys having with CP? It's so much better than TT, shame to give up on it.

1st issue saftey cameras . If you download the safety cameras from Alk and transfer them in the method shown it does not work on the O2 orbit.

You have to deinstall the original shipped CP cab and install new from CP site .

2nd issue if you use the fix for the first one then the online tracking does not work

Guest Confucious

Which directory are you putting the safety cameras in when you download them? If the instructions still relate to CP6 then they are in the wrong place - they need to be in the \CoPilot\EU\Save not \CoPilot\Save in V7 - could that be the problem?

Guest Prosody

Whilst on the subject of Co-Pilot I have downloaded some POIs that are supposedly compatible with Co-Pilot but have no idea what to do with them.

They are in sets of two different files, one is a DS_store file and the over an OV2 file.

Can anyone shed any light as to where to put them to make them work... if they do at all? :D

Cheers,

Chris

Guest Confucious

Chuck the OV2 in \CoPilot\EU\Save not \CoPilot\Save and it should work.

Never heard of a DS_store file so just wikid it and it's some MAC thing - no idea what you do with it!

Guest Prosody

It seemed to be doing things when I started Co-Pilot, like it was integrating updates or such. Now I just need to work out how to use them.

When i go to the POIs section I can see all the usual Petrol stations , hotels etc but no mention of the Tescos, Pub grub etc I have put in. Do they get integrated under the existing headings or should they be there on their own. :D

Guest Confucious

I think there's a separate category for 'custom' POIs or something like that. I must admit I haven't tried myself - only use the speed cameras!

Guest daftveggie

within 2 hours I had managed to break the HTC camera album program so that it didn't load. Had to hard reset and it all works fine

THe problem I think was that I used file manager to delete all the rubbish sample pics that come with the phone. Deleting them through the album works fine - just a word of warning for future users.

I realtion to the lack of keyboard, I'm getting used to the phone keypad for everyday use but have used the £10 modaco voucher to get an ultra slim mobile keyboard from expansis - £24 with the discount and shipping and worth every penny - I love it!!!

Guest BrownSource

Hi all, I've just taken delivery of of an Orbit 2 so I hope to join in within this forum from now on.

Previously I had an MDAC3, but after this device was stolen recently my insurance offered to replace it with either this or a TYTN2 and I plumped for the Orbit 2. I really liked my MDAC3 so I'm naturally inclined to make the comparison and I have to say the Orbit 2 is class. All of the things that my MDAC3 was plus a lot more.

I think Paul asked a while back "...is this the keyboard-less Kaiser we have been waiting for?..." I think it is.

A quick few observations: - The touchFLO is nice and I have got used to it fairly quickly. I actually find taps using my finger on Windows are now easier as there is no border to the screen, but I'm worried about the (lack of) scratch resistance this will have. I also find the 2 additional keyboards fantastic and am using the 20 key keyboard a lot. I like the O2 custom apps. I haven't inserted my old TMob Sim into it yet (just using at home with WIFI at the moment). Co-Pilot looks great too (previously used TTNv6).

I agree with whoever previously posted that O2 have made it look way more sexy than the HTC's Touch Cruise version). As my TMob contract comes to an end in 1 month, I'm thinking if taking an O2 "Simplicity" deal with a web bolt -on, but I'm wondering how good their HSDPA / 3G is?

All in all a fantastic device and I would highly recommend. :D

Guest Kippax
As my TMob contract comes to an end in 1 month, I'm thinking if taking an O2 "Simplicity" deal with a web bolt -on, but I'm wondering how good their HSDPA / 3G is?

try this..... you may find it of interest... along with the follow up story.

The Register

Guest BrownSource
try this..... you may find it of interest... along with the follow up story.

The Register

Hey thanks for this - I have been following this story on various websites and also came across this today.

Still not totally convinced to switch from T-Mob as nobody I know rates O2 that highly.

Regarding the Orbit 2 - do you have this device? If yes how do you rate it and have you added anything on e.g the HTC Home app?

thx

hP

Guest Prosody

I switched from T-Mobile to O2 for one of these phones and do regret it, but only because of the slow internet speeds. Everything else is great, the phone is lovely, have installed the HTC Home on it but use SPB Mobile Shell 2 over the top anyway.

Coming from the Vario 2 I do miss the keyboard but thankfully don't really need it too much anymore. I have a EEE PC for writing on and for texts and such I am now used to using the lovely touch keypad. :D

I need to ring O2 to get them to give me as fast a speed as they can at somepoint but that is the only thing I am unhappy about. :(

• 1 month later...
Guest Widescreen

hey guys .. i seem to be the the noob here :D .. i (or rather my dog) cracked my orbit 1 screen .. so i have just got the orbit 2 and loving it ... the dog is forgiven :(

im not a fan of copilot myself either so i went with my old fave tomtom :lol:

do you guys think i could sell the orbit 1 on ebay or something with the whole kit .. ive seen screens for sale on there but i wasnt brave enough to try replacing it myself :o (the wife believed that one he he )

• 1 month later...
Guest Confucious
im not a fan of copilot myself either so i went with my old fave tomtom :D

do you guys think i could sell the orbit 1 on ebay or something with the whole kit .. ive seen screens for sale on there but i wasnt brave enough to try replacing it myself :D (the wife believed that one he he )

Have you seen CoPilot 7? It's way better than TT.

As for fleabay - you can sell anything there.

Guest Widescreen
Have you seen CoPilot 7? It's way better than TT.

As for fleabay - you can sell anything there.

:D fleabay .....

yes i have 7 still installed and i use it sometimes but it takes forever to load :D

Guest Mysterious Stranger
:D fleabay .....

yes i have 7 still installed and i use it sometimes but it takes forever to load :angry:

Did you flog the compact 3 on fleabay or fix it in the end? Screens are as little as £15 :D !

M.S

Guest Mysterious Stranger
its still sitting here with a cracked screen ... its one of those "ill get around to it" jobs lol

Bear in mind there are 2 types of LCD in the Artemis, so open your before buying one on ebay. Also most instructions cover the XDA version not the t-mob and the casing is different - you have to almost break the aeriel cover away from the chassis - a bit scary the first time.

M.S

Guest chaznet

Strange... mine loads quickly, much more quickly than it did on my HTC Touch. Maybe it's something to do with the O2 ROM as opposed to the HTC branded one?

yes i have 7 still installed and i use it sometimes but it takes forever to load :D