HTC S720 Help Needed

Guest SheblyGT350

Guest SheblyGT350

I just got a HTC S720 from Telus Mobility under a 3 year contract. I have been having some issues with it the past couple of days. I receive multiple Windows errors. One of them was a "MMQCE.exe" error, Another one was "cprog.exe" error after the "cprog.exe" error the whole phone just crashed. I had to pull the battery for it to shutdown. I was thinking of formating this PDA and then enabling the GPS and WiFi functions that Telus has disabled. But the person who sold the plan & PDA to my parents told them that I can't remove any data or such from the phone or plan for a year min. I'm not sure if this is a load of B.S. on telus part because I never herd of such a rule. I have reviewed the contract and no where in it does it say about not being able to remove anything from the phone. The telus sales person wrote on the top of the contract "DO NOT REMOVE DATA FROM PLAN FOR MIN. 1 Year" so I'm not sure. Can anyone give me guidance on what I should do?

Edited by SheblyGT350

I just got a HTC S720 from Telus Mobility under a 3 year contract. I have been having some issues with it the past couple of days. I receive multiple Windows errors. One of them was a "MMQCE.exe" error, Another one was "cprog.exe" error after the "cprog.exe" error the whole phone just crashed. I had to pull the battery for it to shutdown. I was thinking of formating this PDA and then enabling the GPS and WiFi functions that Telus has disabled. But the person who sold the plan & PDA to my parents told them that I can't remove any data or such from the phone or plan for a year min. I'm not sure if this is a load of B.S. on telus part because I never herd of such a rule. I have reviewed the contract and no where in it does it say about not being able to remove anything from the phone. The telus sales person wrote on the top of the contract "DO NOT REMOVE DATA FROM PLAN FOR MIN. 1 Year" so I'm not sure. Can anyone give me guidance on what I should do?

Just guessing, but I think what your salesman meant was that the data component of your calling plan with Telus should not be removed. Most carriers offer an additional phone price discount when you purchase a PDA/Smartphone provided you sign-up or extend a data plan; if you remove it within a set minimum of time, you don't get to keep the promotional discount. I do not think he was saying you could not remove electronic data from the phone itself. If you haven't modded the phone in anyway and have a back-up of your contacts and the like, you could try a hard-reset and/or clear storage defaults reset (under system tools). Unless you have done some modding, those errors do not sound normal.

awl