Creating a NEO Homescreen

Guest superkoopa

Guest superkoopa

I've been busy trying to create a Neo homescreen of my own for the first time and I've run into some problems copying files to the Windows directory on my device. I managed to copy all of the XML, GIF, JPEG, and BMP files from the Windows directory on to my PC and have edited most of them. However, when I try to place the new edited files into the Windows directory it says "File cannot be accessed". This is only for the images for text messaging, audio messages, and emails so far. Is there anyway around this?

Also, how can I change the 'Start menu bar colors from the bronze to whatever other color?

Once, you get into the start menu is there a way to edit those icons also?

AND lastly, can JPEGS and BMPs be changed to GIFs? Is there an XML file that looks for certain extensions that can be changed or would that overload the shadows memory...or do i not know anything that im saying. ha

Ive been searching the forums and also Allshadow.com for answers but did not find anything to answer all my questions, Im probably not looking hard enough. Either way, I know you people here would be the ones to ask for some kind of NEO homescreen guide or comprehensive documentation on what the functions of each file does. Thanks fellas.

• 1 month later...
Guest ChicoPendejo

if im right. you could possibly change file types. but however all the paths are in the registry if im not mistaken. so it would require editing those entries

Guest ronin178

As far as for the message icons, you could just add your new image files to the \windows folder and name it whatever you want and then edit the reg to point to it-I did this for an emoze account I have.

Check this post here for the start bars Start bar to change colors...as far as the icons, you have to edit the image for each application, I think you can find them in either \windows\start menu, program files folder, or wherever those images reside.

Yes, you can convert an image into another type. I recommend opening the image in an image editor and then file>save as>save as type and select which type you want to save it as. You could also just rename the file with the extension type you need i.e a bmp called image renamed to image.gif or whatever.