Orange Upgrade

Guest poley123

Guest poley123

Hi i was thinking about upgrading my orange SPV E650 because the screen is buggered and its really slow atm

thing is ive only had it since november last year.

how much do you think i will have to pay for an upgrade. if its not too much i might jus pay that instead of getting the phone screen fixed.

I am lookin at the HTC TyTN II

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Hi i was thinking about upgrading my orange SPV E650 because the screen is buggered and its really slow atm

thing is ive only had it since november last year.

how much do you think i will have to pay for an upgrade. if its not too much i might jus pay that instead of getting the phone screen fixed.

I am lookin at the HTC TyTN II

Buggered 'smashed' or just not working? Screens are £35 or so on fleabay. Orange care is only £5 if you ring up and add it to your account ;-)

Warranty can be obtained through http://service.europe.htc.com/Wizard.aspx

Using the de-brand pack will make it run quicker.

Or get an E610 PAYG for aout £90.

Upgrading after 6 months will be expensive.

M.S

Guest kidinspace
Buggered 'smashed' or just not working? Screens are £35 or so on fleabay. Orange care is only £5 if you ring up and add it to your account ;-)

Warranty can be obtained through http://service.europe.htc.com/Wizard.aspx

Using the de-brand pack will make it run quicker.

Or get an E610 PAYG for aout £90.

Upgrading after 6 months will be expensive.

M.S

Orange UK? - Bad News.

Well, as of February the 4th they changed the rules on upgrades, you can now only upgrade within the last 3 months of your contract. If your are on a 12 month contract then you have to wait for the till months to expire. THEY WILL NOT DO IT EARLY!!!

When it is your time to upgrade they split you into 5 bands, 1 being the lowest 5 being the highest - this is depicted my bill spend and whether you go over and above your tariff, and this determines what phones are available for you to upgrade to, i.e. handset costs.

Now the Tytn II is an expensive phone and is only free on band 5 - I think! On a lower band say band 3 (£35 tariff -not going over your minutes) you could be looking at £279 or something like that, can't really be that accurate just now as I am not at work nor do I have a price matrix at home.

To get a replacement phone from Orange would cost £100 + VAT(added to your next bill) then £6 per month for minimum 12 months. This is called "Emergency Care" and the handset is £100 because it is a smartphone.

[note Orange Care has been £6 per month for "new customers", or "those who don't already have it", for at least 1 year or so now. If you had added Orange Care when it was £5 then I think they still only charge £5 unless you cancel it and start it again.]

My advice......Ebay! Or Getting it repaired through HTC.

If you bought it from a retail shop they can send it away for repair for you but you will be charged for the repair, but to be honest the repairs centres they use for HTC's are sh!t they take 5 - 6 weeks sometimes to come back....if they can be bothered fixing them!

Hope this helps....

Happy Days!

"Hates His Job"

Orange Retail, Glasgow.