Problem losing mail

Guest PeteJohnston

Guest PeteJohnston

Hi guys

Absolute newbie here so any help would be muchly appreciated!

I have an idea what is going on here but I don't know how to fix it.  I have my mail set up so that my desktop checks the server every couple of minutes and downloads everything before removing it from the

Guest Confucious

Hi, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your new toy!

Why do you delete your mail off the server? If you leave it there you can sync both - and as for checking every couple of minutes, why don't you just use push email?

Unfortunately, this is how the built-in Pocket Outlook handles email - once your mail inbox is empty, so is the inbox on your phone.

You may want to consider an alternative email client such as Flexmail which handles your mail differently. There is a demo available so you can try it and see if it meets your needs.

Guest Confucious

And if Flexmail does what you want then it's another good reason to join MoDaCo Plus as it's one of the many programmes you get free when you join.

Guest PayableOnDeath
Is there a way I can download new mail without removing the previously received mail that the phone picked up the last time?

only way around it that i can see is to edit the account settings on the desktop to leave a copy of the message on the server, only problem with that is that it will leave a copy of the email on the server and use up your quota so you might get a problem with receiving no emails because the inbox is full

and as for checking every couple of minutes, why don't you just use push email?

he says his desktop is set to do that not the phone :D

Guest PayableOnDeath
My thought was, if he uses Push email it would get to hius phone before being deleted from the server - how to stop it being deleted from the phone when it's deleted from the server is another matter....

but wouldnt it still remove it from the phone when his desktop picks up the email ?