24 replies to this topic

antlane

antlane

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Vario 3
Finally got to the bottom of this. I managed to get put through to tech support who said they reset my HSDPA but after that, I was still only getting slow speeds.

On phoning T-Mobile again, I finally spoke to someone who told me I definitely didn't have HSDPA on my account - even though everyone else who I had spoken to told me I did! He would only give me HSDPA if I upgraded to WnW Plus which I was unwilling to do as I had been on WnW since long before Oct 07 which was when the rules changed. It transpires that when I upgraded my phone in November, I also changed price plan which was the reason I didn't have HSDPA enabled (even though I was promised at the time that I wouldn't lose it). So despite my phone displaying an "H", the speeds were obviously being throttled somewhere.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I emailed Customer Relations who were excellent. Having explained the situation, they converted my talkplan to a pre-October version of it and within a few minutes, I was getting nearly 1 Mbit/sec.

Thanks for everyone's help on this!

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Interesting that it was showing H when you weren't getting HSDPA.

Glad you got it sorted though. :D

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

deanparkr

deanparkr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Interesting that it was showing H when you weren't getting HSDPA.

Glad you got it sorted though. :D

T-Mobile have recently added WnW Plus to my account with HSDPA and my phone is now showing the "H" icon in place of "3G"

Ive plugged my phone in as a modem to my laptop and in Internet Explorer upon starting a download i'm seeing 180 ish speeds in the download speeds.

Now... I dont really understand my KB's Kb's kb's kbits to know for sure if thats a good speed for HSDPA?

180KB/s does that sound right for T-Mobiles advertised 3.6mbps?

Confused! :(

Edited by deanparkr, 02 July 2008 - 06:57 PM.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
As there are 8 bits in a byte 180KBS is 1440 Kbs which is not a bad rate at all!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

deanparkr

deanparkr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

As there are 8 bits in a byte 180KBS is 1440 Kbs which is not a bad rate at all!

ooo fantastic :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users