Where is my storage card and WiFi

Guest Nev

Guest Nev

I have a HW6915 and managed to run the battery right down by leaving the GPS on overnight, I think.

In the morning when I tried to switch it on it showed the reset screen as if I had pushed the reset button and then a message saying that the battery was low and I could lose my files.

I swapped the battery for my spare and the system started up. I went round to a friends house and tried to connect to his WiFi but it said that it needed the key. When I viewed the available networks all of the other networks have disappeared. We were on our way out so I did not find the key to my friend's network. When I got home I tried to connect to my network but the network is not found. I entered the connction details again but it does not connect showing as unavailable and now Available, but still does not connect.

The 2 GB storage card is not being recognised by the device: The Memory setting says Storage card "Not installed" although the Settings/System/About shows the Expansion slot as "In use".

Will a hard reset cure these problems? If so can you remind me of what to do as I have nislaid my Reference Manual.

Thanks

Nev

Guest Nev

It has cured itself!

I changed the battery and recharged it without making the storage card visible. I then put the spare battery back in to charge that as well and suddenlyeverything is working again. I can see the storage card so TomTom works as the maps are on the storage card, see WiFi networks and it turns on and off instantly.

While it was playing up it took 2 or 3 seconds to respond to the power button. This might be why I ran the battery down because I would keep pressing the button till something happened. Has anyone seen this behaviour before and have a fix for it?

Time to backup again!

Nev