i780 Multiple Keyboard Key Press (possible to fix?)

Guest arsyan

Guest arsyan

I have been using i780 very closely since i bought it and i didnt realize this problem until i installed Morphgear trying to play some emulation games. And it turns out that the keyboard on i780 canot support multiple press. While all this while ive been wondering why did i always have a typo on my SMS messages even though im pretty sure ive pressed the button but its missing on the screen. i.e

open note click new note . im trying to type "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" so when u press T (dont let go) then press H quickly after and you can see that the H doesnt seems to be appearing. This is hence why the typo always occurs because i type REALLY REALLY FAST that sometimes the 2 button pressed together one of the character is missing. (probably also missing characters due to background process in the phone that lags the character appeareance)

However, if you install any games that requires to press 2 button at once.. it wont work. hence games are not playable at all on this keyboard. eg. Mario, you cant run fast because u cant press B and -> at the same time so theres no way u can run fast in a Mario game with this keyboard.

My question is that, is this a Hardware defect ? (because my dopod 838 pro seems to be playing mario faboulously) or is this just fixable by a firmware upgrade in the future? Its really sad tha such nice phone i780 with the fastest wm processor cant used to play a little bit of entertaintment game.

Fixable or not ?

Thanks guys.

• 3 months later...
Guest Sly123
I have been using i780 very closely since i bought it and i didnt realize this problem until i installed Morphgear trying to play some emulation games. And it turns out that the keyboard on i780 canot support multiple press. While all this while ive been wondering why did i always have a typo on my SMS messages even though im pretty sure ive pressed the button but its missing on the screen. i.e

open note click new note . im trying to type "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" so when u press T (dont let go) then press H quickly after and you can see that the H doesnt seems to be appearing. This is hence why the typo always occurs because i type REALLY REALLY FAST that sometimes the 2 button pressed together one of the character is missing. (probably also missing characters due to background process in the phone that lags the character appeareance)

However, if you install any games that requires to press 2 button at once.. it wont work. hence games are not playable at all on this keyboard. eg. Mario, you cant run fast because u cant press B and -> at the same time so theres no way u can run fast in a Mario game with this keyboard.

My question is that, is this a Hardware defect ? (because my dopod 838 pro seems to be playing mario faboulously) or is this just fixable by a firmware upgrade in the future? Its really sad tha such nice phone i780 with the fastest wm processor cant used to play a little bit of entertaintment game.

Fixable or not ?

Thanks guys.

Man. I'm so annoyed about that to that i can't press bottons simultaneously on that phone. Most games are unplayable. Im searching for a solution, too. I hope so much that there is a solution...

• 1 month later...
Guest player911

Fixable or not ?

Thanks guys.

Bump. The US i780 recently came out for AT&T as the Samsung Epix. The problem is still evident. It is bad enough that there is no Dpad... but the keyboard can't take multiple keypresses either. I don't understand why companies have so many problems as they evolve their phones. Their previous phones didn't have this problem.

Typically it is a driver problem.

The drivers is "zylonite_keyboard_Us.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD\DriverName] = zylonite_keypad_Us.dll

I wonder if we can replace it with one from the Blackjack II?

• 4 weeks later...
Bump. The US i780 recently came out for AT&T as the Samsung Epix. The problem is still evident. It is bad enough that there is no Dpad... but the keyboard can't take multiple keypresses either. I don't understand why companies have so many problems as they evolve their phones. Their previous phones didn't have this problem.

Typically it is a driver problem.

The drivers is "zylonite_keyboard_Us.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD\DriverName] = zylonite_keypad_Us.dll

I wonder if we can replace it with one from the Blackjack II?

The multiple keyboard presses is unfortunate indeed.

However, there is definitely a DPad in the device. The optical mouse doubles as a DPad and is configurable in the Finger Mouse settings (Settings->System->Finger Mouse->4-way Navigation).

Edit: Someone made a program to easily switch between this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i780-i780-mo...toggle-command/

Edited by xSacha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest BoyBawang
Getting a new keyboard driver sounds very logic. Could someone upload the dll from the black jack and maybe describe how to implement it?

But i780 keyboard is capable of multitouch. Have you tried MagiKB? pressing shift+enter will toggle the action menu. shift+dpad will select the text.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kburkhart84
But i780 keyboard is capable of multitouch. Have you tried MagiKB? pressing shift+enter will toggle the action menu. shift+dpad will select the text.

I have the EPIX from AT&T USA, same phone with minor differences. The keyboard hardware is indeed capable of multi touch. The ROM that comes with this phone has keyboard shortcuts that launch programs using key combinations of "fn"(shift) and some letter. Also, you can type capitol letters holding the "Cap" key while pressing letter, not having to do it one at a time. Our problem is that this multi touch is only available to windows itself, not to our programs/emulators etc.. that we use. In fact, I tried using the "fn" key as one key in Morphgear emulator in hopes that mario would run, but even using a "known" multitouch capable key, it still doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it is software issue. In fact, I'm not for sure if it is a driver, or some configuration thing in the rom, because the driver allows multiple presses in certain functions, but not for others, doesn't make sense. It makes more sense that some setting is wrong in the windows registry possibly.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest Goldenpipes
This link is dead. Does anyone have a mirror? I tried to follow the forum posts on the actual website and it still shows an error page.

yo did you ever find a new link i cant find this fix anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest biskin
I upload the file to this post, I found it on my storage card.

Enjoy!

Does this file work with the treo pro? Is there one that works with the treo pro?