• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Clink the Relic

Clink the Relic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Q9h
I know this seems very minor, but how do I turn off the camera "click" sound when taking a still picture. I can't even find where to make it quieter. It is very loud even in the silent mode and that make it very diffecult to be discreet when taking a candid photo.

andyman500

andyman500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:q9h

I know this seems very minor, but how do I turn off the camera "click" sound when taking a still picture. I can't even find where to make it quieter. It is very loud even in the silent mode and that make it very diffecult to be discreet when taking a candid photo.

In windows go to start>programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder. go to save as and call it blank.wav

copy blank.wav to the windows folder on your phone.

navigate to HKLM\system\pictures\camera\oem on your phone's registry.

change the SoundFile value to \windows\blank.wav

take silent pictures.

johnboy12

johnboy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:motorola q9h
are these instructions for the q9h? because that file combination is immpossible on mine......

In windows go to start>programs>accessories>entertainment>sound recorder. go to save as and call it blank.wav

take silent pictures.

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
What file combination is impossible? Do you not have HKLM\system\pictures\camera\oem ?
One of the DWORD values is ShutterSoundVolume - at least on the devices I've looked at (not Q9) - if you have this you could try changing to 0

Edited by Confucious, 21 July 2008 - 07:16 AM.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

johnboy12

johnboy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
yes, i have the q9h from att. there is no start in the windows folder and no programs in the start menu and no entertainment etc.....

What file combination is impossible? Do you not have HKLM\system\pictures\camera\oem ?
One of the DWORD values is ShutterSoundVolume - at least on the devices I've looked at (not Q9) - if you have this you could try changing to 0

johnboy12

johnboy12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

the zero in the reg editor worked like a charm. thx. know how to load/run rar files like the pocketsnes? know how to remove/disable the 3g animation on startup/shtdown????

mukulmatta

mukulmatta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Moto Q 9h

take silent pictures.

wher eto find HKLM on Q9h ......i dont have it , i think ...just trying to follow the path which u have given

Confucious

Confucious

Peanut Brain

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 5
  • Twitter:@Confuciousmobil
Do you know how to edit your registry? If you don't know where HKLM is then you're probably best leaving it alone rather than risking bricking your machine.

What was wrong with my alternative suggestion?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users