Wont connect to pc

Guest colinp

Guest colinp

Hi im having a problem getting my touchdual to connect to my pc , its as if there is no usb device running on the phone when i connect it to my pc all that happens is the charging light comes on

no noises as u usualy get when u connect usb , nothing on screen lights up or anything , nothing in device manager

ive tryed 3 cables (all work on my m600) 2 windows vista pc's and 1 win xp machine all excaly the same , ive tred turning off advanced usb under connections, soft reboot after every change , ive also deleted all active sync pairings , its almost like there is a setting on the phone to turn usb of alltogether , like on my archos where its set to charge only :D

any ideas?

i dont want to hard reset as i dont have my data :(

• 5 months later...
Hi im having a problem getting my touchdual to connect to my pc , its as if there is no usb device running on the phone when i connect it to my pc all that happens is the charging light comes on

no noises as u usualy get when u connect usb , nothing on screen lights up or anything , nothing in device manager

ive tried 3 cables (all work on my m600) 2 windows vista pc's and 1 win xp machine all exactly the same , ive tried turning off advanced usb under connections, soft reboot after every change , ive also deleted all active sync pairings , its almost like there is a setting on the phone to turn usb of all together , like on my archos where its set to charge only :lol:

any ideas?

i dont want to hard reset as i dont have my data :D

Ive got the same problem with mine and i need to do the ROM update from HTC through USB.

Connects fine for active sync via bluetooth though.

Any USB ideas guys?

• 2 months later...