The HTC Kaiser 6.1 / Performance update is here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]It's here!

Not from HTC (as yet), but in the next couple of days the file 'RUU_Kaiser_HTC_WWE_3.28.405.0_radio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.16.25_Ship.exe' that you can find here will also become available via official channels!

The update is for HTC TyTN II devices, and will be followed later by a AT&T branded update. The update adds Windows Mobile 6.1 with improvements such as the 'Getting Started' wizard, Threaded SMS and general performance and battery life updates, as well as HTC's 'video performance' update. So what's it like? Performance IS improved, however with no real video acceleration, don't get your hopes up TOO much! Thanks to tweaks in 6.1 in general plus HTC's optimisations, the device DOES feel a lot slicker in use, although if you are coming from a 'cooked' ROM you have probably seen the speed improvement already. If you are still on the standard 6.0 ROM, you NEED to install this :D

I've included some screenshots and version information below... enjoy :(

P

kaiser61.1.jpgkaiser61.2.jpgkaiser61.3.jpgkaiser61.4.jpg

kaiser61.5.jpgkaiser61.6.jpgkaiser61.7.jpgkaiser61.8.jpg

kaiser61.9.jpgkaiser61.10.jpg

[/teaser]

MASD version info:

"StartupAnimationEngine"="1_0_626715_0"

"BCR"="1_0_071211b_WEU_00"

"ConcurrenceMgr"="1_0_622717_0000"

"JbedJava"="0_0_20080318_2_1"

"BT_BPP"="1_6_5_0"

"VoiceRecorder"="1_10_130817_0"

"ZIP"="1_20_730720_3"

"VideoTelephony"="2_0_30865_0"

"TouchFloSettings"="1_0_6140718_1"

"TaskManager"="1_51_33547_1"

"SymbolPad"="1_0_29364_0"

"StreamingMedia"="2_20_217821_00"

"ConnectionSetup"="1_0_31758_7"

"SMART_DIALING"="2_5_30426_0"

"ShareDLL"="2_0_080321_v1v2"

"QuickGPS"="1_00_220821_01"

"RingtonePlugin"="1_00_070419_0"

"PictureEnhancement"="1_50_18131521_c2"

"PHONE_CANVAS"="1_50_30437_0"

"mHub"="6_42_070702_X0"

"LockstreamDRM"="1_1_071220_00"

"HTCHome"="2_0_18122822_1"

"DShow"="2_00_071109_0"

"CyberonVoiceSpeedDial"="1_2_b071114_R4"

"CAMERA"="4_08_30595_00"

"BT_SAP"="3_1_0_0R1"

"BT_FTP"="1_2_33038_9"

"AudioManager"="1_2_18133129_q"

"ArcsoftMMS"="5_0_31_16"

"Adobe"="2_00_288531_PPC"

"Adobe Reader"="2.00.288531"

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Paul - Have you reflashed your Vario III with this ROM? And if so - are you going to keep it or go back to TLR's 6.1 build?

Cheers

SF

Edited by Shadowfixeruk

Guest WearTheFoxHat
The update adds Windows Mobile 6.1 with improvements such as the 'Getting Started' wizard, Threaded SMS and general performance and battery life updates, as well as HTC's 'video performance' update. So what's it like? Performance IS improved, however with no real video acceleration, don't get your hopes up TOO much!

So ... to avoid any confusion later on ... should we highlight that this will be released as the HTC WM 6.1 update, and NOT the Hardware Device Driver that we have been waiting for.

Or am I having a totally blonde day?

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul - Have you reflashed your Vario III with this ROM? And if so - are you going to keep it or go back to TLR's 6.1 build?

Cheers

SF

I have to take screenies, i'll probably use TLRs when he does it as I like having CF 3.5 in ROM.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
So ... to avoid any confusion later on ... should we highlight that this will be released as the HTC WM 6.1 update, and NOT the Hardware Device Driver that we have been waiting for.

Or am I having a totally blonde day?

They are one and the same. There WILL be no hardware driver, only performance improvements through software optimisations (= this).

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat
They are one and the same. There WILL be no hardware driver, only performance improvements through software optimisations (= this).

P

Bugger! I am having a blonde day then!

and double bugger, as I was under the impression that HTC had conceded that they would release a hardware driver!

/deflated now!

Guest MrBaz

Would anyone here know if this is possible...

Running stock HTC ROM 6.0

1) Create a backup using "Resco Backup"

2) Save all messages using PIM backup

3) Upgrade to ROM 6.1

4) Restore the application backup and messages from before the upgrade

* Or are the differences between versions too much>

I'd rather not have to re-install everything (again).

Over and out!

Guest markhempstead
Hmmm, unknown... only one way to find out right? :D

P

i'm tempted to do it, but might have to wait till after lunchtime so that I've had a beer for courage :-)

If it turns into a paperweight, is there any way to recover it?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Backup / Restore: It's not generally recommended, but it might work in this instance. Nothing to lose by trying!

MarkHempstead: I'm not really familiar with the best process for flashing Orange devices, I know there were some issues with HardSPL etc. early on. I'm guessing it won't just flash on without you doing sneaky things...

P

Guest scudo
Not from HTC (as yet), but in the next couple of days the file 'RUU_Kaiser_HTC_WWE_3.28.405.0_radio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.16.25_Ship.exe' that you can find here will also become available via official channels!

Great....

One question Paul, have you heard about other languages releases ?

Thanks

Edited by scudo

Guest markhempstead
will this work on an Orange (UK) TyTNII?

..Ran Hard SPL first

..Ran the above ROM update

All working fine, it auto-detected i was on Orange and offered to set the correct network settings for me.

I've reconnected it to my exchange server and all seems to be working fine so far :-)

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Ummmmmm, isn't this an example of modaco hosting an illegal / unofficial rom?.... Thought the recent relaxation of the rules was to allow discussion, not distribution? So what gives?......

M.S

Guest WearTheFoxHat
..Ran Hard SPL first

..Ran the above ROM update

All working fine, it auto-detected i was on Orange and offered to set the correct network settings for me.

I've reconnected it to my exchange server and all seems to be working fine so far :-)

Blimey ... no hanging around for you! Good work fella.

Guest shootydogthing
Would anyone here know if this is possible...

Running stock HTC ROM 6.0

1) Create a backup using "Resco Backup"

2) Save all messages using PIM backup

3) Upgrade to ROM 6.1

4) Restore the application backup and messages from before the upgrade

* Or are the differences between versions too much>

I'd rather not have to re-install everything (again).

Over and out!

I used PPC PIM backup to take texts, emails, call logs and contacts from 6.0 to 6.1, it works perfectly so long as you make sure the email accounts are already set up

SO this means that TLR's new ROM is just around the corner? awesome

Guest hotphil

I get an invalid vendor ID error when running this on my Vodafone V1615. Someone remind me what I need to do to remove the vendor lock? :D

Guest shuurajou

Bit of a big problem with this ROM for me. I've hard reset twice to try to resolve it. Any attempt to sync with my exchange service calendar results in 'A problem has occurred with repllog.exe'. First time I've had this with any ROM (and I've used many). Email works fine. Anybody else have this issue?

Guest vcespon

The update is for HTC TyTN II devices, and will be followed later by a AT&T branded update. The update adds Windows Mobile 6.1 with improvements such as the 'Getting Started' wizard, Threaded SMS and general performance and battery life updates, as well as HTC's 'video performance' update. So what's it like? Performance IS improved, however with no real video acceleration, don't get your hopes up TOO much! Thanks to tweaks in 6.1 in general plus HTC's optimisations, the device DOES feel a lot slicker in use, although if you are coming from a 'cooked' ROM you have probably seen the speed improvement already. If you are still on the standard 6.0 ROM, you NEED to install this :D

I've included some screenshots and version information below... enjoy :D

This was published on xda-developers yesterday, tried it, not amazing, and has a bug: In landscape mode text in menus and some programs is not drawn if you have cleartype enabled. The radio included (1.65.16.25) is very good though, I'm using it with another ROM.

Also, HTC home, camera and other utilities have not been updated to latest versions, and Skype does not work.

Switchin from portrait to landscape takes 2 seconds (0.5 seconds in my current ROM)

If that's all they can came with, there are better ROMs out there, including the official one 3.02 with 1.58.26.20 radio.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.