The HTC Kaiser 6.1 / Performance update is here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mysterious Stranger
This IS the official HTC version!

P

So where's the official link? I've seen many 'official' roms that were nothing of the sort :(

Maybe if you had some sort of official provenance? Somone inside HTC leaked it? Or did you get it from XDA-devs like everyone else?

And until they say so in a press /offical download release etc it's still a custom rom hosted on modaco, no?.... :D

I seem to remember people getting told of for linking directly to imate's FTP not too long ago....and they WERE official!

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest adjonline

Does anyone have a link to an idiots guide to obtaining/using HardSPL? It's been a fair while since I did ROM flashes and my mind is blank.

(I'm assuming I need to run HardSPL to flash a Vario III with this)

Guest Ghost_1

Has anyone had any issues with any apps after flashing to the new ROM? My biggest issue is that I've been using the Kaiser Tweaks App and compared to some of the other HTC ODM phones from Verizon or Sprint my TYTN II hauls ar$e! lol

When I flashed my I-Mate Jam years ago with a new ROM some of the apps didn't want to work correctly and I don't want the same thing to happen to my TYTN II. Especially since I'd have no idea where to get a new version of the original ROM. :D I'm a noob. lol

Guest hotphil

All went well on my UK Vodafone V1615 after HardSPL and all programs seem OK (that I've tested thus far). It seems a little nippier, but that may jsut be due to being clean.

Quick question - does this ROM roll up the HTC Camera Fix or should I still install it?

Guest vcespon
All went well on my UK Vodafone V1615 after HardSPL and all programs seem OK (that I've tested thus far). It seems a little nippier, but that may jsut be due to being clean.

Quick question - does this ROM roll up the HTC Camera Fix or should I still install it?

It has the camera fix installed, but camera is 4.08 not the latest 5.04

Try to switch from portrait to landscape

And try to enable Cleartype on landscape

These things worked better on previous HTC ROMs.

Guest Boinng

I'm holding out for the official release of this on the HTC site - I find it a bit dubious that this has already been knocking around on XDA Devs for a couple of days, and the response both there and here seems a little mixed. If it is the final release then so be it, I'll probably upgrade anyway, but I think it's worth waiting a few days to find out.

Guest NuShrike
They are one and the same. There WILL be no hardware driver, only performance improvements through software optimisations (= this).

P

I'm the one that made the analysis of the Netherlands release of another rom that does have some 2D acceleration in it.

It's up in the air how much of OS/directdraw uses this hardware access as it's a lot less than what I've seen in the LG KS20. It's interesting they took efforts to HIDE that they are using any ATI code including embedding selections of ahi2dati.dll directly into DDI.dll.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest gsleon3
Will this work on verizon xv6800??

Not as it is posted here, but a lot of it has been ported & will work on the 6800. There are a few versions out there.

Guest NuShrike
It's all very odd, how the NLD version is different and all that!
Just got a look at the ddi.dll of your WWE rom. It's virtually identical to the NLD ddi.dll.

The only 'significant' difference is 3.28(WWE) vs 3.29(NLD).

Guest geek4eye

"The update is for HTC TyTN II devices, and will be followed later by a AT&T branded update."

Any idea how long "later" might be for AT&T? Or when new Tilt units will have it already loaded?

My current PDA is objecting to its last chance encounter with concrete and is a bit twitchy... If AT&T will be selling them new with 6.1 soon, then I can hold on for a week or two and avoid some fuss and bother, but if it is going to be months then I might pull the trigger sooner... Thanks!

Guest Retronana

Just to share my experience with this ROM.

I have the HTC flavor of the Kaiser, prepared the phone with a Sprite Back-Up and the flashed the ROM via the downloaded file.

My intial thoughts are very positive, phone is way quicker and the boot up times IMHO are vastly improved.

The good news is that the version of BB Connect (4.0.0.100) works just fine !

The back up made via Sprite will not load correctly, so its back to square on on the installed app's side although add & remove via Windows Mobile Device Center speeds things up nicely.

The update seems to have sorted the issue I had connecting to my router (Woo :(), I now need to work out to get all data apps to default to Wi-Fi as standard, any advice ??

Overall, very pleased, thanks Paul for the heads up, seems that trip to the US a few weeks back may pretty useful on all fronts :D

Edited by Retronana

Guest hotphil

Joy of joys! With this ROM I don't seem to have the Activesync-syncs-on-days-it's-told-not-to issue! Lie-ins at weekends are here again!

Guest burnsnet

Hi

Can you help me...? I've got an HTC branded TyTn II and I want to uprade to the latest ROM (version 6.1). I was told that the new ROM has the TouchFLO interface built in - is that correct?

Also, what do I actually need to download to make this seemless (there are two ROMS - the one in this thread and the other in this thread [TLR Kaiser 21.05.08])? Finally, how do I backup mu current content (Contacts, Notes, Word Docs etc).

Thanks for your help in advance?

Cheers

James

BURNSNET

Guest Paul (MVP)

No, there is no additional TouchFlo over the standard ROM.

re: backup, it's not generally advised to use tools such as Sprite etc. between ROM versions. Copying off to your PC would be the best bet?

P

Guest jim.mason

Struggling to download this. Everytime I select downloading via the 'free' method it keeps saying there was an error (with no explanation).

Anyone else having problems.

Guest Kallisti

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but on T-Mobile with a Vario III, this appears to have a negative effect on the radio - I'm struggling to place outgiong calls sometimes, just geting 'failed to place call' type errors or even nothing at all happening.

Guest Paul (MVP)

You mean the cube? It's not something i've tried personally, but i'm sure there are files out there to do it...

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.