The HTC Kaiser 6.1 / Performance update is here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dskeeles
I then finally treid turning the phone on and off in Comms manager but still had the same problem. Finally I tried changing the Network Type to GSM again and a connection was obtained almost instanteously.

Why has this update broken my 3G connection?

Probably a weird co-incidence, but I came back from holiday to find a similar problem: my V1615 would connect to the cell OK, but when I tried to place a call (data or text) on 3G, it would attempt, and then fail, and then completely lose the signal altogether.

GSM voice / GPRS work OK.

This is on a Voda 1615 (Kaiser), but with WM6.0 and no updates at all (Operator stock ROM). In fact, this is why I complained to Voda and got a new WM6.1 phone in return.

Voda Networking Team's theory during 2 days of troubleshooting was that my phone hadn't registered on the data network correctly, and I should manually roam to another operator (eg. O2), and then switch back - and that should right things. It didn't - hence the new phone - but I guess upgrading firmware could have a similar effect of leaving something lingering somewhere. I guess you could do worse than try this 'resolution' yourself.

D

Guest dskeeles
2. Uninstalled the apps. In all cases got a message saying the apps couldn't be totally uninstalled. Choose to have them removed from the list.

Yeah, I found this on uninstalling my old PSSReader. I haven't investigated in detail enough to see if I was having the other problems too.

I also found that installing PSSReader (abeit an old version) caused services.exe to crash repeatedly, slowing down my phone, hence the deinstall.

D

Guest Swordfish99

This build is 19212 and I have seen references from others that state their rom builds are 19588. That would mean the HTC build is not a final one??

Guest Paul (MVP)
I just got a new V1615 as a warranty replacement from Vodafone UK - it came with WM6.1, ROM version 3.28.161.1 WWE.

Generally the few changes seem nicer, but I'd agree it's no great leap over 6.0

They've not made that available for download have they?

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
This build is 19212 and I have seen references from others that state their rom builds are 19588. That would mean the HTC build is not a final one??

No... 19588 happens to be the base OS version from the diamond.

You have a final ROM.

P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest raas

This update is REALLY good.... but PLEASE could you do a version without the awful 'modaco' ROM splash-screen.

I know you guys have put the effort in here - but there's so much effort put in to de-brand these devices.

Thanks.

[teaser]It's here!

Not from HTC (as yet), but in the next couple of days the file 'RUU_Kaiser_HTC_WWE_3.28.405.0_radio_sign_25.83.40.02_1.65.16.25_Ship.exe' that you can find here will also become available via official channels!

The update is for HTC TyTN II devices, and will be followed later by a AT&T branded update. The update adds Windows Mobile 6.1 with improvements such as the 'Getting Started' wizard, Threaded SMS and general performance and battery life updates, as well as HTC's 'video performance' update. So what's it like? Performance IS improved, however with no real video acceleration, don't get your hopes up TOO much! Thanks to tweaks in 6.1 in general plus HTC's optimisations, the device DOES feel a lot slicker in use, although if you are coming from a 'cooked' ROM you have probably seen the speed improvement already. If you are still on the standard 6.0 ROM, you NEED to install this :D

I've included some screenshots and version information below... enjoy :(

P

kaiser61.1.jpgkaiser61.2.jpgkaiser61.3.jpgkaiser61.4.jpg

kaiser61.5.jpgkaiser61.6.jpgkaiser61.7.jpgkaiser61.8.jpg

kaiser61.9.jpgkaiser61.10.jpg

[/teaser]

MASD version info:

"StartupAnimationEngine"="1_0_626715_0"

"BCR"="1_0_071211b_WEU_00"

"ConcurrenceMgr"="1_0_622717_0000"

"JbedJava"="0_0_20080318_2_1"

"BT_BPP"="1_6_5_0"

"VoiceRecorder"="1_10_130817_0"

"ZIP"="1_20_730720_3"

"VideoTelephony"="2_0_30865_0"

"TouchFloSettings"="1_0_6140718_1"

"TaskManager"="1_51_33547_1"

"SymbolPad"="1_0_29364_0"

"StreamingMedia"="2_20_217821_00"

"ConnectionSetup"="1_0_31758_7"

"SMART_DIALING"="2_5_30426_0"

"ShareDLL"="2_0_080321_v1v2"

"QuickGPS"="1_00_220821_01"

"RingtonePlugin"="1_00_070419_0"

"PictureEnhancement"="1_50_18131521_c2"

"PHONE_CANVAS"="1_50_30437_0"

"mHub"="6_42_070702_X0"

"LockstreamDRM"="1_1_071220_00"

"HTCHome"="2_0_18122822_1"

"DShow"="2_00_071109_0"

"CyberonVoiceSpeedDial"="1_2_b071114_R4"

"CAMERA"="4_08_30595_00"

"BT_SAP"="3_1_0_0R1"

"BT_FTP"="1_2_33038_9"

"AudioManager"="1_2_18133129_q"

"ArcsoftMMS"="5_0_31_16"

"Adobe"="2_00_288531_PPC"

"Adobe Reader"="2.00.288531"

Guest Suxipo The Speed

Hi guys,

This update does not work with my phone. Everything seems ok, it even detects my old ROM version and starts the updating process but then says this at the end:

ERROR [294]: INVALID VENDOR ID

This Update Utility cannot be used for your PDA phone. Please check your Update Utility

I THINK I get an un-branded HTC TYTN II P4550, no need to unlock and has dual cameras with the HTC logo on top.

I am new here but have done some readings and couldn't find the answer. Someone please help if you know the fix.

I've also registered to HTC e-CLUB but see no update downloads at all for my device. Anyone can point me to where else can I find link to download offcial release?

Thanks

Guest Mr Alom
Hi guys,

This update does not work with my phone. Everything seems ok, it even detects my old ROM version and starts the updating process but then says this at the end:

I THINK I get an un-branded HTC TYTN II P4550, no need to unlock and has dual cameras with the HTC logo on top.

I am new here but have done some readings and couldn't find the answer. Someone please help if you know the fix.

I've also registered to HTC e-CLUB but see no update downloads at all for my device. Anyone can point me to where else can I find link to download offcial release?

Thanks

You need to install Hard-SPL first:- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=334679

Guest hotphil

If you visit the Copilot website they have some pretty good instructions on how to 'change device' (at least for my old version 6). I'm guessing it's much the same for version 7 - go into licensing in copilot on the phone, select deactivate license, format device, reinstall Copilot, reactivate license. If you use Copilot Live features on their website you'll also need to 'change device' in there too.

Guest kzaps
..Ran Hard SPL first

..Ran the above ROM update

All working fine, it auto-detected i was on Orange and offered to set the correct network settings for me.

I've reconnected it to my exchange server and all seems to be working fine so far :-)

Hi I tried the same as you - HardSPL and ran the 6.1ROM update and it worked fine, it autodetected Vodafone network and set the correct settings. However, there are a few problems which I am facing

1) The network comes and goes every few seconds, this didnt happen in WM6 so am not sure what the problem is. Am not able to receive calls unless the network come back on again - tried manual and automatic search but same problem.

2) Activesync does not seem to work. My pc recognises the phone and am able to access files on phone but somehow am not able to sync with the pc. Tried setting up new partnership but the only thing that happens is sync media through windows media. Dont know how to change settings.

3) 'Clock shows 12hour format and am not able to change to the 24hour format.

4) Am not able to reassign the calendar special key to another application as it does not come in the 'buttons' list in settings.

Can you or someone please help?

Thanks

K

Guest kzaps
If you visit the Copilot website they have some pretty good instructions on how to 'change device' (at least for my old version 6). I'm guessing it's much the same for version 7 - go into licensing in copilot on the phone, select deactivate license, format device, reinstall Copilot, reactivate license. If you use Copilot Live features on their website you'll also need to 'change device' in there too.

Would this be applicable for tomtom6? I updated the ROM but when I reinstalled the navigator which came with the phone, it asks for activation code for the uk maps? Is there a way to avoid this?

• 5 months later...

I update my HTC Tilt (AT&T) with the last oficial update in htc site, but my CommManager isn't the same on pictures in first post.

Anyone have this CommManager for install?

Thanks!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.