E650 Tomtom mobile 5.2 and BN909GR

Guest LechuckE650

Guest LechuckE650

Hi Guys.

My bluetooth reciever that I originally got with Tomtom 3 has seen better days so I decided to upgrade it to a BlueNext BN-909GR and Tomtom to Mobile 5.2.

It connects fine to the wifes Nokia 5500 and Tomtom mobile 6 plus my Ipaq H5550 with TTN6.

Does anyone know of a way for it to connect to the E650 and Tomtom mobile 5.2? The software just says "No GPS Device".

I have tried all sorts of ways including:

Installing the Tomtom 5.2 update.

Using Com 6 then Com 7.

Without setting a com port.

Telling Tomtom to use the setting for it's own reciever, then back to use another brand of reciever.

The device pairs ok with phone and connected to Camera Aware within a second of it being turned on.

Gray.

Guest galea

In your Bluetooth config rename the GPS to "Other Bluetooth GPS" (no quotes, watch caps) and assign it a com port. TomTom 5 was never intended to work with anything but a TomTom GPS so you have to hack until you get it going.

Hi Guys.

My bluetooth reciever that I originally got with Tomtom 3 has seen better days so I decided to upgrade it to a BlueNext BN-909GR and Tomtom to Mobile 5.2.

It connects fine to the wifes Nokia 5500 and Tomtom mobile 6 plus my Ipaq H5550 with TTN6.

Does anyone know of a way for it to connect to the E650 and Tomtom mobile 5.2? The software just says "No GPS Device".

I have tried all sorts of ways including:

Installing the Tomtom 5.2 update.

Using Com 6 then Com 7.

Without setting a com port.

Telling Tomtom to use the setting for it's own reciever, then back to use another brand of reciever.

The device pairs ok with phone and connected to Camera Aware within a second of it being turned on.

Gray.

Guest LechuckE650
In your Bluetooth config rename the GPS to "Other Bluetooth GPS" (no quotes, watch caps) and assign it a com port. TomTom 5 was never intended to work with anything but a TomTom GPS so you have to hack until you get it going.

Wow. You are the dogs b*llocks matey.

Thanks for that it works like a charm. :D Just saved me around £70 not having to upgrade. :(

Guest galea
Wow. You are the dogs b*llocks matey.

Thanks for that it works like a charm. :D Just saved me around £70 not having to upgrade. :(

You have no idea how much time I spent figuring that one out. Glad to give back! Enjoy!