Help problem with the buttons!

Guest killabyte

Guest killabyte

i have a problem with the direction buttons on my orange e650.

left and right work (up and down with the keyboard out) but the up and down dont work. when i press them and im in the menu the icon im on will just flash. but if i hold either the up or down it scrolls realy fast upwards. any ideas what could be at fault? i flashed dr gonzos rom and it didnt make any difference it still does the same

Guest owziee
i have a problem with the direction buttons on my orange e650.

left and right work (up and down with the keyboard out) but the up and down dont work. when i press them and im in the menu the icon im on will just flash. but if i hold either the up or down it scrolls realy fast upwards. any ideas what could be at fault? i flashed dr gonzos rom and it didnt make any difference it still does the same

Sound like a hardware issue to me, I'd send it back for repair.

Guest sarie

My phone has been doing the same thing for several months already. I've called HTC a few times and they told me that it should still be under warranty, so hopefully I won't have to pay for it when I send it in.

However, upon physical examination of the d-pad itself (after sliding it out), I noticed that the plastic part holding the d-pad button to the rest of the keyboard is ripped and almost completely off--which of course is NOT a good thing considering the d-pad button slides out if you push it downward while pulling out.

Before calling HTC, I reset my phone to make sure it wasn't a software issue...which did nothing. So it must be hardware related...sadly. Once in awhile though the button will work fine... very puzzling. :D

• 1 month later...
Guest LechuckE650

My E650 middle button has stopped functioning properly after only 14 months and I was wondering if it's an inherent fault as it is now out of 12 month warranty period. I heard that inherent faults are covered for up to 6 yrs in England. Orange didn't want to know unless I stumped up £70 or took out £6 a month insurance.

If anyone knows if this is a common fault I can present HTC with evidence for a free repair/replacement.

Gray.