Tom Tom for Tytn II - Where To Buy It

Guest Sonicr360

Guest Sonicr360

Hi all

Last year, back in September I got a tytn II as part of the Modaco offer. Stupidly, I thought I bought the tom tom, and now realised that it was just a small downloaded map of a local area.

I went to the HTC site, but can only find the TOM TOM 6 got the advantage. Not Tytn II

Cannot contact the shop on the phone, and I kind of hoped there would be a way of downloading it from a web site to buy and install this evening.

Anyone got any suggestions on a possible way forward?

Thank you

Simon

Guest shirozina
maps can be bought directly from tomtom's site.

Make sure you buy the maps as a download as they are cheaper than ordering them on a disk or card. I think I paid around £50 for the Western Europe map this way.

Guest Sonicr360

Thanks, I went to the site, but it does not display the TYTN II - any ideas on what I should choose. If I can download the UK MAP (All of it) that would be great as I need it tomorrow !

Guest Confucious

Hotphil gave you the link to the maps in his post above - why not just use that link? Tytn II is the phone - the software is TomTom Navigator.

Guest Sonicr360

Hi yes I know and understand that... but I use the link and its asking me to choose a model!

What model do I choose ??

Guest Sonicr360

Hi Ricky

This is the link I am at, and this is what I chose....

http://www.tomtom.com/products/maps/select...age=1&P=332

I cant find all the CD's that came with the modoco kit with the Tytn II, as I thought it was TT5, but if TT6 was with the Tytn II, then it could be it.

I need to be sure, because it appears once I download I cannot return the maps for a refund.

Thank you

Simon

Guest RickDawson

I have version 6...

It should show somewhere within TomTom which version it is, then just get the maps for that.

The link you show, is exactly what I think I need to download.

I will try them now.

Guest Sonicr360

Rick

Any luck with this?? I am still at a loss.... even if I use this link, I need to be sure it will work on the TytnII as there is no refund available ! :D

Simon

Guest Confucious

Open TomTom on your device, on the splash screenm or in the help it shopuld tell you what version you are using. It is almost certainly Navigator 6

Guest RickDawson

I have got them and it works fine, as testing it static. (me not moving anywhere)

Looks like I'll have to wait to properly use it, as I just failed my driving test.

another test coming up at the end of the month.

Guest Sonicr360
Open TomTom on your device, on the splash screenm or in the help it shopuld tell you what version you are using. It is almost certainly Navigator 6

Hi, well the program group shows "Tom Tom Navigator". The splash screen resembles a house/arrow and briefly shows the words "TomTom" with the hand icon next to it.

It looks like its version 6.032

So would assume its version 6 ?

Guest RickDawson
Hi, well the program group shows "Tom Tom Navigator". The splash screen resembles a house/arrow and briefly shows the words "TomTom" with the hand icon next to it.

It looks like its version 6.032

So would assume its version 6 ?

That's the version I've got

go to the link provided in one of the posts above, and select navigator 6

Guest Sonicr360

Just wanted to share my thanks to everyone on this. I started the purchase process, only to get trouble with the "TomTomHome" software. After waiting close to 1 hour for help, finally got the download started.

As of 7pm, maps installed, recognised by the TomTom6 software and working.

Sincerely, many, many thanks

Guest jbedoya

For those wh has not purchased yet TomTom... Consider garmin before you buy

I do have TomTom nav 6 and is working pretty fine. However, from the standpoint of standardization, TomTom is not the best. Maps for nav6 will not work on any other version of TomTom products and the opposite is the same. TomTom have different versions of Maps for several of its products and does not update all of them simultaneously neither update the POIs for all of them simultaneously.

I discover that Garmin does have one single set of maps that works on evry single version of their products, including garmin X (for mobile). And whenever they update a map or POIs for any of their products, you will be able to leverage on that for your PocketPC version.

Also, I has find a lot more Garmin ready POIs that for TomTom; although, this not necesarilly should be a big issue sionce it is possible to convert POIS to CSV and then to TomTom.

Finally, Although GARMIN for PocketPC comes on a 2GB card and Garmin claims it can not be moved from there... there are some peopole who has done that already and move the Garmin application from the original 2GB card to 8GB.

P.S. In terms of features, I find both of them - TomTom and garmin - quite similar and I work both of them indifferently except when I'm in any county with few POIs, in this instances I go for Garmin

Edited by jbedoya