TomTom Navigator 7 for HTC Diamond

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest TheLoanRanger

Here it is...

It will work with v6 and v7 maps (not sure about v8?), of course because you are changing device you will need new codes for your maps from TomTom (or buy new maps). You can get 1 free city map directly from the application.

This is a repack of a XDA-Developers posted CAB to add English voices and to tidy some stuff up. I put AppToDate support in for the hell of it, ready for when new builds come out.

Also, keep an eye out for a TLR Diamond ROM soon! :D

Guest LeiChat

I have version 5 on my MiniS, with the TomTom bluetooth adapter.

I've heard it's a nightmare getting TomTom to authorise the move onto a new device so perhaps I'd be better selling TomTom with the handset on Ebay and putting the money towards the new version for the Diamond.

Guest doughnut56
Here it is...

It will work with v6 and v7 maps (not sure about v8?), of course because you are changing device you will need new codes for your maps from TomTom (or buy new maps). You can get 1 free city map directly from the application.

This is a repack of a XDA-Developers posted CAB to add English voices and to tidy some stuff up. I put AppToDate support in for the hell of it, ready for when new builds come out.

hi! i have downloaded the tomtom 7 to my pc. my problem is how to install it in my htc diamond. please help. thanks in advance and best regards.

Guest doughnut56
you need to copy The cab file to your phone using activesync then run the cab file from your diamond... hope this helps!

hello! i have downloaded the file in my pc in winrar format. i extracted it to a new folder that i created. from the new folder, i copied it to the internal storage of my htc diamond. but when i open it in the stoage file, nothing happens. if it is not too much to ask, can you tell me the steps in making it work? how can i have a cab file? please advise. thanks for your initial reply.

Guest Monolithix

You don't need to extract it on your PC, just copy it over to your phone and run it directly from there! It's a .cab file, which is what WinMo uses to install apps, it just happens .cab is used for other stuff too sometimes so winrar picks it up. :D

Guest Mikeyb50
hello! i have downloaded the file in my pc in winrar format. i extracted it to a new folder that i created. from the new folder, i copied it to the internal storage of my htc diamond. but when i open it in the stoage file, nothing happens. if it is not too much to ask, can you tell me the steps in making it work? how can i have a cab file? please advise. thanks for your initial reply.

The simpliest and quickest way is to turn on wifi on your diamond then log on to modaco site and click onto the tomtom link, no pc is needed as the file is downlaoded onto the diamond as a .cab file. Save it onto the internal memorary and your cooking with gas. It works great plus you get 1 free map

Guest wardy
Where can you get V7 maps from? The official TomTom site does not seem to list them yet.

Probably because they sre not released for Pocket PC yet. this cab doesn't come with shipping diamonds either. PNA devices have ver 7 and 8 maps at the moment . I am guessing as they have 30% off at the moment that a new release will be out soon.

Guest Chocolicious
Here it is...

How can I download this via my phone as when I click the link it opens up the file in unicode or something, just a text file of symbols and words. I want to install it on my Vario 3 whilst at work but cannot sync or use usb drive with production computer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steve_smith
I have version 5 on my MiniS, with the TomTom bluetooth adapter.

I've heard it's a nightmare getting TomTom to authorise the move onto a new device so perhaps I'd be better selling TomTom with the handset on Ebay and putting the money towards the new version for the Diamond.

Well I got my Diamond (from Orange) today and busy setting everything up - first impressions good, although I think it will take some getting used to

Just posting a reply to this thread to say that TomTom Navigator 5 works fine, with the Diamond's built-in GPS (told TomTom it was on COM4).

Had no issues activating. I chose the manual activation option (automatic has never worked for me). This directs you to a website where you enter a code generated by the device, and the code from the card you originally received with TomTom. This generates a third code you tap in to TomTom and it all works fine - much faster than it ran on my old Vario.

This is the third device I've registered this copy of TomTom on (Axim X50V, then my Vario and now the Diamond) and its not grumbled. I read somewhere you just have wait 90 days between activating more than two devices.

I haven't yet been brave enough to install the TomTom updates to V5, because on my Vario (which was running WM6) I seem to remember that although TomTom 5.0 worked, the 5.x updates caused it to hang. However, if anyone has any better feedback on that, then it would be welcome.

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by steve_smith

Guest highlorddave

TT7 runs smooth on my diamond but its always 3 secs behaind my real location.

Is it just me ggeting this?

i have excellent satalite signal (9 satalites all strong readings) think eaither the gps is slow at passing on the data or the software is lagging trying to produce a VGA image!

Guest Baffy

Just posting a reply to this thread to say that TomTom Navigator 5 works fine, with the Diamond's built-in GPS (told TomTom it was on COM4).

Cheers,

Steve.

How did you install TT Navigator 5 on your HTC Diamond? I keep getting errors because TT5 wont sync across ActiveSync 4.5 and thought TT5 (not version 5.x) wouldn't work on WM6 and WM6.1

What does TT7 offer over TT6.01? (I'm assuming this is Navigator)

I'm loathed to install if the differences are relatively minor.

Is it necessary to uninstall TT6 first, or will it upgrade?

Any help much appreciated!

Guest James
What does TT7 offer over TT6.01? (I'm assuming this is Navigator)

I'm loathed to install if the differences are relatively minor.

Is it necessary to uninstall TT6 first, or will it upgrade?

Any help much appreciated!

TomTom offers added extras like 'map share' and VGA icons.... also obviously V7 maps that have all the latest additions as V6 maps are wwwaaaayyyy out of date :D

Yes you will have to remove V6 form your device and buy V7 maps that will work with V7

Thanks for the reply.

Stupid me forgot to turn on email notification, so I missed the advice and ploughed ahead anyway.

I'd assumed the "v6" maps (v6 in quotes, because I have TomTom Navigator 6.010, so had assumed the maps were v6) would work, but they didn't.

I got the option to download a city map, but had to fork out another £50 for v7 Western Europe maps (either that or Eastern, and no other choice), currently downloading (850MB... yawn!).

I also didn't uninstall v6, which I think is sitting on the device storage, rather than internal. I'll manually delete that later.

Oh well, at least I've got up-to-date maps and a tweaked UI :D

Guest pietroons

Hi,

Is there a way to install TomTom v7 to HTC 710s?

When I try to install it, I receive the error message: it's not compatible with my device.

Any solution?

Thank you.

Guest mintfresh
Thanks for the reply.

Stupid me forgot to turn on email notification, so I missed the advice and ploughed ahead anyway.

I'd assumed the "v6" maps (v6 in quotes, because I have TomTom Navigator 6.010, so had assumed the maps were v6) would work, but they didn't.

I got the option to download a city map, but had to fork out another £50 for v7 Western Europe maps (either that or Eastern, and no other choice), currently downloading (850MB... yawn!).

I also didn't uninstall v6, which I think is sitting on the device storage, rather than internal. I'll manually delete that later.

cann you let us know how you get on with the v7 maps? Was planning on getting them but wasnt 100% sure they would work.

Guest spacerace
Hi,

Is there a way to install TomTom v7 to HTC 710s?

When I try to install it, I receive the error message: it's not compatible with my device.

Any solution?

Thank you.

I don't think the TomTom7 version floating around the moment is smartphone compatible?

Guest James
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah! The latest maps are good! and £50 is prety cheap :D

cann you let us know how you get on with the v7 maps? Was planning on getting them but wasnt 100% sure they would work.

It all appears to be fine. I'm in an area which has had 2000 houses built in the last few years, and it doesn't have my road unfortunately, but c'est la vie.

I made the mistake of deleting the old TT6 install from the device, and the UK map directory, and for some reason that really upset TT Home 2.X. It kept wanting to check the directories, even though they didn't relate to TT7. Perhaps the dregs of the old install? So I'd recommend leaving it alone if you can afford the space. Perhaps once installed they can be deleted/uninstalled?

If you already have a TomTom account, and you buy the maps under that, you need to make sure you change the device code to the new device, which is somewhere within the account settings. Otherwise TomTom Home will say there is no map to download, even though it is sitting in your account - clearly it validates the device code in your account with that being installed to.

Those are probably the only two mistakes/tips for when things went awry.

I think £50 is very steep, when I bought TT6 for £80. A map upgrade should really only be something like 10-20% of the cost, or at least done on a subscription basis where you get all updates for a year. TomTom need to think ahead on this, as they will upset customers and push them elsewhere.

Edited by SSR