• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

mickthetree

mickthetree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:w800i
This is the bit I really dont understand. How can it work for some people and not for others???

Again, I just pinged it and it times out. Can anyone else try this? "ping smtp.t-email.co.uk" from the command prompt

My hosting company did say:

We use lists operated by SpamHaus and SpamCop so if the IP address that you connect with is listed in either of their databases you will not be able to send email until it is removed.

So if t-mobiles smtp server is running through an IP address that is blacklisted (which is likely seeing as so many people are sending from it) then it wont allow it to send.

you can try "tracert smtp.t-email.co.uk" from the command prompt and it will tell you where its getting held up.

ok, I just tried that and it traces all the way to Deutsche Telekom AG who own t-mobile. So it IS getting to their networks before being stopped.

I'm very interested in speaking with the directors office again to share my findings.

tsutton

tsutton

Need answers? Use the search feature. :)

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,225 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S2/HD2 (Andriod)
  • Twitter:@tony_sutton
Most mail server do not respond to ping/tracert, so that's normal.

Do make sure you raise the issue with them, saying that we can access it while you can't. That will break their theory of "the server is down"

- Tony Sutton
- My Ford Focus ST170 car | My Car's Dashcam Video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users