Diamond or wait for new Tytn 2

Guest rand

I have a HTC TnTn II and love it. I dislike the weight and size as i have has this since the launch last september but really like the look of the Diamond. Has anyone made the swap and if so are you happy? i am not sure if i should wait for the newer version of the TyTn II due later in the year.

any comments are greatly received.

thanks again

Guest LeiChat

There's some good observations in this thread, although it was before anyone had one.

I think I'll be like Paul for a bit, but will appreciate the built in GPS and the fact it can go in a trouser pocket enough to soon cancel out the lack of the keyboard.

There's some good observations in this thread, although it was before anyone had one.

I think I'll be like Paul for a bit, but will appreciate the built in GPS and the fact it can go in a trouser pocket enough to soon cancel out the lack of the keyboard.

Thanks Guys, Looks like i might be selling my TyTn II :D

i will check out the other thread and will keep reading on it. I have an extended battery which i use when walking for memory map so might change when i am back from my walking holliday :(

Guest FlangeArtist
I have, and am broadly happy. I miss the keyboard a bit, but love the size and VGA!

P

I too have swapped up from a TyTN II to a Diamond. I also miss the keyboard a little, but frankly the size of the diamond far out-weighs this for me. The screen is fantastic too! I hope that there will be many more applications for this out soon that take advantage of the accelerometer and all the other great things the diamon poseses.

Guest TShill7

:( Another convert from an MDA Vario III (as its called here in the UK) to a Diamond. The Vario III was a functional joy but such a brick at the same time.

The question is whether to wait for a "Vario IV" or get a Diamond now. Well it all depends whether size is important to you (it actually feels like I have a phone again rather than a 'pocket' (??) pc. Diamond has a radio but only 4GB storage, whereas the Vario IV has a keyboard, card expansion slot, TV out but no radio.

Features-wise the Vario IV wins hands down ...... but it is still a brick compared to the sleek Diamond! :D

:o Another convert from an MDA Vario III (as its called here in the UK) to a Diamond. The Vario III was a functional joy but such a brick at the same time.

The question is whether to wait for a "Vario IV" or get a Diamond now. Well it all depends whether size is important to you (it actually feels like I have a phone again rather than a 'pocket' (??) pc. Diamond has a radio but only 4GB storage, whereas the Vario IV has a keyboard, card expansion slot, TV out but no radio.

Features-wise the Vario IV wins hands down ...... but it is still a brick compared to the sleek Diamond! :D

I will see if i can find the site where it had the specs for the Vario IV ... i can wait,but i think i might have to change... if i do i might put my HTC on here for sale first as i have lots of extra's including a broadit car mount :(

Guest linooliveira

As you can see here, the HTC Touch Pro also has a FM Radio with RDS.

Regards from Portugal

Lino

Edited by linooliveira

As you can see here, the HTC Touch Pro also has a FM Radio with RDS.

Regards from Portugal

Lino

Yay ordered one from play.com :D 399.00 i will keep you posted when the phone arrives