Introducing myself

Guest Wylde

Guest Wylde

Hey all

My name is Tom Wylde. I recently got a Blackjack II by Samsung. It is an awesome phone, as far as my first smart phone goes, and considering I'm using AT&T. I joined the forum because I just used Paul's GPS hack so I wouldn't have to deal with either AT&T or especially Telenav, (Telenav is BAD), and the hack works beautifully! Thanks MUCH. I can't say thanks enough since the GPS is one of the primary reasons I got the Blackjack II. I plan to need it in Europe next month when I visit Prague for a couple of weeks. I went through so much grief with Telenav that I exchanged my phone, (by their direction), 3 times! I now have an 'evaluation copy' of Garmin's City Navigator 2008 on it and I'm amazed it works so well.

BTW, using Garmin's software, even though COM 4 is an option, use the Intermediate Driver!

ANYway... lol. I live in Chicago. I manage a band here, I''m a guitarist and budding professional photographer, (means I ACT like one even though I'm not :o) I'm also a programming director and DJ for a metal/hard rock show on Hard Rock Radio Live, one of the top 15 stations in the world, (by genre), and one of the top 5 non-corporate stations.

I'm happily married for 3 years, married for 10. lol... bad joke. Happily married for 10 years now. No kiddies, but three grand-daughters, two of which I'll be spending two weeks in Prague. :D

Thanks for reading this. :(

Edited by Wylde

Guest awarner (MVP)

Welcome to the site :D

and a PLUS member as well, have fun on the site and any questions you may have just post in the relevant areas.

There are some good applications available on PLUS so you should hopefully get the most out of your device.

Guest Wylde
Oh, welcome, and thanks for supporting the site :D

P

LOL!! Well, it's like this... first the mommy bee says to the daddy bee.... hahah. My wife has two children from her first marriage and they've both got kids. So my wife and I really don't have children, (none we had and raised together, anyway), but all three grand baby's are 'ours' :(

Guest Wylde
Oh, welcome, and thanks for supporting the site :D

P

Hey, Paul, thank YOU for the GPS hack for my Blackjack II! Worth every penny! It would've been worth TWICE as much to me not to have to give the money to AT&T and Telenav! :(