HTC Club - new WWE Diamond ROM (1.37.401.3) posted

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

A new Diamond ROM is available on HTC Club.

Christened 1.37.401.3, the ROM has a number of subtle updates and tweaks to component versions over the shipped 1.37.405.1 ROM most of us are running.

Updated in this ROM:

- Connection Wizard

- EnlargeStartMenu

- TouchFlo 3D

- Volume Control

- XT9

- YouTube

- Other minor tweaks

Installing will (of course) wipe your device (but not the 'Internal Storage'), and I would say it IS worth installing.

P

Guest Mikeyb50
A new Diamond ROM is available on HTC Club.

Christened 1.37.401.3, the ROM has a number of subtle updates and tweaks to component versions over the shipped 1.37.405.1 ROM most of us are running.

Updated in this ROM:

- Connection Wizard

- EnlargeStartMenu

- TouchFlo 3D

- Volume Control

- XT9

- YouTube

- Other minor tweaks

Installing will (of course) wipe your device (but not the 'Internal Storage'), and I would say it IS worth installing.

P

I have been on the HTC e-club united kingdom site and the only update is for back up software, I can't see the ROM update

Guest cold_fire
Whats your link , cos its not there now

www.htceurope.com, sign in to eclub and take it. I have installed it, the first improvement is a faster slide for HTC Touch Flo menu.

Guest Rapier

And for the others that cannot register to E-Club or cannot see the download, here is a rapidshare link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/126969016/RUU_...3_Ship.exe.html

I think it is depending on the original ROM that you have. Based on the S/N used when you register, they can make a match with the ROM version and the download is available only for those that is intended to (at least I see no reason for which some could see it and some don't). I could download it yesterday evening so it is not removed from the site

Guest darthbane2k

I have an official UK Diamond but the update was not showing on the HTC club site for me. I downloaded via the link as posted on the forum and updated. The update removes the special Google maps! WTF??! How can I get this back??!

Guest darthbane2k

So why did HTC remove this (Google Maps) from the ROM update?

This doesnt make sense.

Who knows what else has been removed.

Guest Mikeyb50
So why did HTC remove this (Google Maps) from the ROM update?

This doesnt make sense.

Who knows what else has been removed.

I suspect it was removed because the ROM was still not doing what they had hoped and the Asia ROM version was getting complaints. It usually waits to see how the ROM update in Asia is performing then they release the UK ROM version.

I'd rather the pull it and get it right than to put a ROM that does not do what it set out to do.

Guest peepsw
I suspect it was removed because the ROM was still not doing what they had hoped and the Asia ROM version was getting complaints. It usually waits to see how the ROM update in Asia is performing then they release the UK ROM version.

I'd rather the pull it and get it right than to put a ROM that does not do what it set out to do.

I have just got off the phone with HTC Europe support. There will be a new rom update very soon on HTC e-club.

Peter

Guest highlorddave

installed this rom on my orange diamond, I got an error saying "invalid vendor id" which i did not expect from a HTC rom. guess it must be locked to orange roms!

So i had to Hard SSPL the device for it to take the new rom.

this time installation went ahead without any probem.

the new rom is quicker by a long margin than the 1.37.405.1 and worth the hassle of reinstalling all my apps for that alone.

reading other users experiances with this rom it would seem a memory leak has also been fixed, but as i have never experianced a problem with the memory i cant confirm this.

Guest highlorddave
Did you download the Rom from Rapidshare? I can't register my Orange Diamond with HTC

yeah i did, i have never been able to register any of my orange device with HTC. I think you need a HTC boxed device not a operater branded version

Guest LeiChat

Trying to keep track of the "it's there", "it's not there" posts.

I've tried Europe and UK e-clubs and can't find it on either, presuming that's correct, rather than me looking in the wrong place?

(I've given up trying to do the hardsppl / TLR rom method, just keeps failing on me :D)