i900 forum

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Paul,

Can we have an i900 subforum, or will it be created when it's released? I'm liking the look of this new handset, and might be the nearest phone to the nirvana I'm looking for!

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Cheers.

Also ... if I'm not pushing the boat out with requests.

android.modaco.com would also be most welcomed :D

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Im not sure ... heres my rationale:

* I see MoDaCo as being busier than Mobiholics.

* Android is a development platform for handsets. Pretty much the same way we customise our TyTN II's etc.

* If we act now, then this place can also become a focal point for Android developers and users in a similar way that XDA Devs is for well ... XDA !

Guest WearTheFoxHat

At present it is.

But the name is Mobile Data Community. Ive found that more posts on Mobiholics are generally about ringtones or specific network operators. Modaco tends to have more about WM devices, plus it has the lounge, iphone stuff, EEE PC.

I agree its a tough call. But I guess it depends where Paul sees MoDaCo going. Staying generic WM devices, or expanding to cover all sorts of high end phone support/customisation. Besides we all want facilities from our phones, and not specifically one OS. If a Blackberry or iPhone appears to do everything I want it to, id jump ship. Some users have done that and got iPhones and still post regularly.

My call would be to put it in Modaco ... but thats an end user perspective, rather than site management.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I think it needs to be on Mobiholics, but with partially relevant Mobiholics content being more visible on MoDaCo.

iPhone area is now on MH too :D

P

• 1 month later...
Guest merlion

Is there anybody having SGH-I900 WM6.1 ROM? I want to download one.

I am living in Singapore and it is really a great phone. But to me the only problem is there is no Chinese interface.

If anyone wants me to help buy, just drop me an email or add me in MSN both are [email protected]

:D

I think it needs to be on Mobiholics, but with partially relevant Mobiholics content being more visible on MoDaCo.

iPhone area is now on MH too :D

P

• 1 month later...
Guest mark watson

Hi,

I just bought an i900 from ebay. I can't get the GPS to work on anything including google maps. Anything I need to do? Also the wifi connects with an ip address but i can't transfer any data. No internet, no nothing? the phone tries to connect over 3g to load a web page even though the wifi is connected. My other devices connect ok via my wifi router so i know its not that.

Has anyone here experianced these problems?

Thanks,

Mark