An interesting problem

Guest Mike Grant

Guest Mike Grant

I recently had an interesting problem with my phone (it's soon to be replaced but it was a strange problem so I thought I'd post it). I took my phone with me to the carribean & after two days it started to do some strange things...

For a start it would not actually boot unless the wired hands free kit was plugged before switching the phone on.

If the headphones were left in while the phone was booting then you could only hear sounds through the headphones & neither the mike nor the normal speaker would work, even if you unplugged the headphones. Though the alarm would always work through the loudspeaker.

If you unplugged the headphones while the phone was booting (just after the first HTC or Orange screen shows) then you could make phone calls & hear all sounds, however, all phone calls would be on loudspeaker, not through the normal speaker. If you plugged the wired hands free kit back in then all calls & mp3's would still go through the loudspeaker.

If the hands free kit wasn't plugged in then the phone simply would not boot, it would go straight to the 3 coloured boot screen!

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else & what might be the cause (my theory is the hot & humid environment of the carribean caused it).

Edited by Mike Grant