Diamond's Video Playback capabilities

Guest benssson

Guest benssson

I've got a question about the Diamond's Video playback abilities, wondering if some owners can help me with...

1/ Does Opera Mobile allow you to play embedded flash video? such as gametrailers, bbc iplayer

2/ Can I stream files to the Diamond from my mediaserver through UPnP?

3/ does the Diamond have enough horsepower to render "normal" divx/xvid videos without having to convert them?

TIA!

Guest ratcom
I've got a question about the Diamond's Video playback abilities, wondering if some owners can help me with...

1/ Does Opera Mobile allow you to play embedded flash video? such as gametrailers, bbc iplayer

2/ Can I stream files to the Diamond from my mediaserver through UPnP?

3/ does the Diamond have enough horsepower to render "normal" divx/xvid videos without having to convert them?

TIA!

1, I dont know

2, It working fine with my orb server

3, YES I'm finding its playing anything I throw at it perfectly :D

Guest doktor_d
3, YES I'm finding its playing anything I throw at it perfectly :D

Really? Mine is playing all videos with lag.. audio AND video lag.. Wether its original size .avi's or resized to 320x240 to make it easier to play for the phone.

Anyone know how you can play .flv's from the memory card?

Guest Russ-ST24
Really? Mine is playing all videos with lag.. audio AND video lag.. Wether its original size .avi's or resized to 320x240 to make it easier to play for the phone.

I find the normal software is slow . use core player it plays everything I throw at it without dropping a frame. its not expensive and make this device a true video player with no conversion needed Russ

Guest Russ-ST24

I find the normal software is slow . use core player it plays everything I throw at it without dropping a frame. its not expensive and make this device a true video player with no conversion needed Russ

Guest Russ-ST24

Guest ratcom

I'm also using Coreplayer which is playing everything perfect :D

Guest jimbouk

I just tried watching some mp4's I had converted from DVD's for my kids to watch on theirt ipod touch's.

No Core Player - just windows media player.

Absolutely amazing. Very good picture quality and spot on sound sync.

Very Impressed. Especially after trying the same thing on my Tytn2!

• 1 month later...
I'm also using Coreplayer which is playing everything perfect :D

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I have tried coreplayer on the diamond and all I get is a black screen with the audio playing in the background. Its a slightly older version 1.2.2 I think but it doesnt play ANY video at all.

Wondered if anybody else had suffered this and had a solution?

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I have tried coreplayer on the diamond and all I get is a black screen with the audio playing in the background. Its a slightly older version 1.2.2 I think but it doesnt play ANY video at all.

Wondered if anybody else had suffered this and had a solution?

Ok found a thread over at XDA that suggests you use Raw Frame Buffer as the video output. It works. Its under Tools, Preferences, Select Page->Video