HTC Diamond finally available to buy on the Orange website

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
diamondoshop-20080709-170255.jpg
Like the title says... the HTC Diamond is FINALLY available for purchase on the Orange website! :D

Pricing varies, but the Diamond can be had as cheap as £39.99 on a £30 p/m plan (18 month contract).... not bad at all! Head on over to this page to buy or learn more!

Got yours? Don't forget to drop by our Diamond area to share your first impressions!

P

Guest Leaskovski

So whats the deal with the dolphin 35 tarrif then? It say unlimited data, so whats that capped to?, and when you go through the process it doesnt actually say anything about it.

Hmm, I think i shall wait till next week for the TMob version and upgrade if its not more than £40, otherwise it looks like im back to orange (so long as the data bundle is good).

Edited by Leaskovski

Guest blackhorse

Unlimited has a fair use of 500mb per month

Orange state in terms and conditions, constant abuse of this bundle may result in the bundle been removed from the account

Guest ~Rob

I'm hoping for a call tomorrow and that they won't charge £100 to get it (Had Dolphin 35 for 18 months and then £15 sim only for the last 2)

Guest jimbouk

You wont get a call tomorrow from Orange - as they arent getting it til Monday. Only some stores and the website have it for now.

I just spoke to retentions and was extremely disappointed with the rude customer "service" person I spoke to. Considering how much I have defended Orange on here, I think its a real pity that unless I get the promised call back tomorrow from a CS Manager and get proper service, then after 12 years, I will finally be moving on.

Guest highlorddave

Chatting with an Orange rep and was told that the unlimited data would be 500 meg on selected devices, but for everything else it would be 250meg.

The diamond was a 250 device.

Of course this could be incorrect as everytime i talk to a different rep at orange i get a different story

Guest ~Rob
You wont get a call tomorrow from Orange - as they arent getting it til Monday. Only some stores and the website have it for now.

The store has my number on a list that looked like it is actually used. I take it you mean the internet and shops won't be getting a delivery until Monday?

Guest l3v5y
Chatting with an Orange rep and was told that the unlimited data would be 500 meg on selected devices, but for everything else it would be 250meg.

Of course this could be incorrect as everytime i talk to a different rep at orange i get a different story

That's just stupid! If I get a new contract anytime soon, it won't be on Orange purely because of that!

Guest Neil5459

He's talking out of his *rse :D

The eligible 'Unlimited' plans all have a FUP of 500MB, but some plans still seem to have the 'free' 250MB bundle listed as an option, and all plans also have the £8 30MB bundle still as an option :(

I've just placed an online order, with delivery apparently for Friday (in fact I think I may have placed 2 oprders by mistake due to Orange's over enthusiastic secure page timeout that told me my session had timed out, and I needed to resubmit the whole order :o ) £39.99 for teh phone, on the Dolphin 35 plan, discounted to £30 for 18 months and including Unlimited Mobile Internet.

Guest kjt57
Like the title says... the HTC Diamond is FINALLY available for purchase on the Orange website! :D

Pricing varies, but the Diamond can be had as cheap as £39.99 on a £30 p/m plan (18 month contract).... not bad at all! Head on over to this page to buy or learn more!

Got yours? Don't forget to drop by our Diamond area to share your first impressions!

P

Just checked Orange web site, saying coming soon?

Guest kjt57

P

Just checked Orange web site, saying coming soon?

Guest octoped

I really want this phone but this is so confusing to get my head around !!!

I only want to pay £39.99 price, but what plan do I need to change to??

This is what I need:-

1) I dont want to pay more than £30 a month.

2) Unlimited anytime txt

3) Want the Unlimited Mobile browsing

4) at least 300 mins of Unlimited anytime talk.

I think whats confusing me is the plans shown in the user account section differ from the new customers who seem to get a £5 discount........It is possible to change my plan online and also get this discount?

Many Thanks

UPDATE:::: Scrap the post just called CS and sorted it out and changed plans just in time as my billing date is tommorow :D

Edited by octoped

Guest smartmove08

I ordered mine yesterday on the M2YD site. £35 per month for 18 months but with £210 back (will set Outlook to remind me to send those bills back!) and £55 cashback from quidco. M2YD say they have the stock tomorrow. They also confirmed that the Dolphin 35 18 month tariff they offer is the same as the one Orange offer direct and will have the unlimited mobile browsing (250mb fair usage) pack. Hope I havent made an error buying through M2YD!

Guest barkythedog

well i'm gob smacked, phoned orange cs yesterday afternoon and was told i could'nt upgrade to that phone because its not availible to upgrades as its not on the system, after a little debate the guy still refused to let me have one so as im at the end of my contract i asked for my pac code and he gave me it,no trying to help no offer, nothing,so much for 12 years with them, he did'nt even put me through to retentions, so then i went back online and bought one anyway, should be here before noon friday, i wonder how quickly they will port my number.

Edited by barkythedog

Guest rossy
well i'm gob smacked, phoned orange cs yesterday afternoon and was told i could'nt upgrade to that phone because its not availible to upgrades as its not on the system, after a little debate the guy still refused to let me have one so as im at the end of my contract i asked for my pac code and he gave me it,no trying to help no offer, nothing,so much for 12 years with them, he did'nt even put me through to retentions, so then i went back online and bought one anyway, should be here before noon friday, i wonder how quickly they will port my number.

Can you port your number Orange to orange???/ I didn't think that was possible.

Also, just phoned CS.... still no sign of diamond on upgrades.

Guest barkythedog

i have no idea but it should be fun, either way i get the phone i want albeit with a new number, but i can't believe how they are treating there long serving loyal customers

Guest smartmove08

No, you can't port Orange to Orange. Best thing to do is port your number to a PAYG provider (Virgin seem to deal with PAC's quickest) and then port back again to Orange on the new contract.

Guest highlorddave
i have no idea but it should be fun, either way i get the phone i want albeit with a new number, but i can't believe how they are treating there long serving loyal customers

i asked about porting orange to orange if i obtained the phone over the net from the orange shop and was told this is not possible, im unhappy about being treated differently for being an exhisting customer when i could clearly get the phone immediatly if i was a new customer. I had the same thing happen when i got my c600 years back, had to wait 2 weeks more to get it on upgrade. It would be nice if orange made more of an effort for those who have stuck with them (even when their data plans where years behind the competition)

Guest smartmove08
i asked about porting orange to orange if i obtained the phone over the net from the orange shop and was told this is not possible, im unhappy about being treated differently for being an exhisting customer when i could clearly get the phone immediatly if i was a new customer. I had the same thing happen when i got my c600 years back, had to wait 2 weeks more to get it on upgrade. It would be nice if orange made more of an effort for those who have stuck with them (even when their data plans where years behind the competition)

I've generally found all operators to act pretty much in the same way with regards to the deals they will offer existing customers who are at the end of the contract. Much like banks!

Guest rawly

Orange seem to be very competitive with this handset. I never get 18 month contracts now, as I usually want to change my handset sooner than that!

Oranges, 12 Months, are suprisingly Low as well for the handset.

12 Months on their £20 per month Dolphin 35 is still only £129.99.

12 Months on their £33 Dolphin 35 is only £39.99.

For some reason no unlimited browsing with 12 month plans! Boo Hoo!

Edited by rawly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.